We're a company focused on neighborhood service, and long term customer relationships. You're a hardworking, positive and committed employee who is dedicated to success. As Regional Management Corp. continues to chart a leadership position in the consumer finance business, our continued growth means career development opportunities for you!
Looking to take that next step in your career? Apply now to our Collector position! Our Collector Role is...
Responsible for reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue bills, loans, or other payments. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Collect payments on past due bills.
Create a list of people who have not made payments.
Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
Call customers using telephone.
Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
Attempt to collect payment.
Review terms of sale or loan documents.
Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
Listen to customer's story and determine if debt can be collected.
Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
Offer advice or refer customers to debt counselors.
Record new commitment to repay debt.
Send statements of delinquencies to credit bureau.
Initiate repossession proceedings or hand over account to law practice that specializes in debt collection.
Purge records if debt has been satisfied.
Report satisfied debts to credit bureaus.
Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection.
Print reports for management.
Purge records from deceased people.
- Stratify collection activities to maximize cash receipts
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts
- Use skip tracing techniques to locate customers
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment
- Issue payment commitment letters
- Negotiate the return of unpaid merchandise
- Repossess merchandise when payment is unlikely
- Monitor cash on delivery or COD roll payments
- Issue credit hold notifications
- Coordinate customer credit changes with the credit department