What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
The Security IT Specialist is a multi-functional role within the Security and Technology Services Directorate function of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in our office supporting Industrial Security requirements as well as certain Information Technology / Information Assurance functions in concert with OCOS staff at the main office in Pittsburgh, PA. This is an opportunity to deal not only with DoD Industrial Security opportunities (FSO/CSSO) as well as IT server and user issues, but also to assist with routine Information Assurance (ISSM/ISSO).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You will have three or more years of specific experience in government/industrial security or intelligence career fields; experience with end-user support, problem identification, problem resolution, and consulting experience.
- Some infrequent business travel required. Periodic travel to Pittsburgh office, at least quarterly. Computer hardware installation and configuration required on a periodic basis.
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You must have analytical skills & a high degree of attention to detail.
- Participate on teams; contribute to the improvement of products and services; knowledge of both government and industrial security to analyze, evaluate, and interpret current security requirements.
- Technical knowledge of desktop operating systems, systems administration, office productivity software, and web browsers; general understanding of technical environments such as networking, enterprise applications infrastructure services, and other technical areas.
- Licenses: Defense Security Service (DSS) Facility Security Officer (FSO) and/or Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) certification, Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), COMSEC custodian (IAEC-2112), Industrial Security Professional (ISP), Microsoft Certifies System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certifies System Engineer (MCSE), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, Dell Certified Technician
- Prior experience in the Department of Defense, United States Intelligence Community or federal law enforcement agency.
Job Function Breakdown:
60% - Compliance activities related to the Facility Security Officer and Special Security Officer functions including conducting self-inspections and presenting training sessions for SEI employees. Ensure and enforce compliance with government security requirements including Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs and NISPOM).
15% Handles building access, assists with obtaining necessary information /paperwork for security clearance requirements, closed area and other secure areas.
10% Internal and external peer liaison sharing best practices
5% Fulfill COMSEC Custodian requirements in accordance with customer requirements and conduct periodic audits/inspections to ensure accountability for all COMSEC equipment and material.
5% Monitors security status of facilities and systems and responds to security incidents. Prepares incident reports and follows through with the Security office in Pittsburgh to ensure all incidents are resolved.
5% Training and professional development to keep current with new technologies and government regulations. May involve periodic travel to the SEI office in Pittsburgh, PA.
100% Total Effort
Please visit 'Why Carnegie Mellon' to learn more about becoming part of an institution encouraging innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.