Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle incoming phone calls with guest inquiries and reservations.*
- Assist guest in making reservations and processing requests relative to hotel accommodation and tickets.*
- Promote and upsell hotel/ticket packages.*
- Strong customer service and communication skills by telephone and in person.*
- Ensure all requests for information are completed.*
- Build and maintain relationships with current and new clients *
- Assist clients in determining their needs and advise them of their options.*
- Maintain knowledge of partner hotel accommodations and local area.*
- Ensure all clientele data is accurately entered into ResRunner and AXS.*
- Retrieve web orders from ResRunner.*
- Understand and comply with all departmental policies, services, procedures, and standards.*
- Send and receive email.*
* Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales contracts, sales reports and site maps. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with sponsors, VIP customers or employees of organization. Bi-lingual a plus, but not required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer proficiency including word processing, Microsoft Outlook, Word, data entry across multiple platforms, spreadsheets and intermediate knowledge of Excel.
Experience with ResRunner and AXS a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year customer service and prior sales support preferred.
- Copier / Scan
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritized, organize and manage multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands, reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit still for long periods of time. The employee is required to walk while delivering materials. The employee must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The position entitles flexible working hours based on events and may include nights, weekends, and major holidays. The employee must be able to work overtime when needed. The employee must possess the ability to work well in a stressful environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.