This is your opportunity to join the dynamic Development team at Woodland Park Zoo. Applications are now being accepted for a Donor Stewardship Coordinator for the Development department. There is one full-time, regular, benefited position to be filled at this time.
The Donor Stewardship Coordinator collaborates with multiple units across the Development team to help develop and execute stewardship and donor relations strategies and tactics aimed at increasing donor retention, communicating gift impact, recognizing donors and deepening donors’ relationships with the zoo. This is a customer facing position that involves interaction with prospects and donors on the phone, email, and in-person. Maintains a commitment to the mission of the zoo and the organization’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop and execute effective and proactive stewardship and donor communication strategies
- Establish a strong voice that aligns with the zoo’s mission, fundraising priorities and overall zoo messaging and branding
- Create and write development communications pieces
- Develop and maintain systems for appropriate stewardship of all levels of giving and corporate giving
- Assist in the review of corporate proposal materials
- Provide excellent customer service as main point of contact for general donation inquiries
- Assist the Annual Giving Manager to develop annual stewardship plan, linking stewardship activities to strategic goals
- Serve as project coordinator for all donor recognition activities to:
- Create and implement systems and strategies to anticipate, schedule, track, and evaluate recognition projects
- Assist with establishing policies and procedures to ensure that stewardship activities are delivered on time and within budget
- Oversee donor recognition information and on grounds physical property
- Facilitate creation of donor lists and implementation of donor recognition elements
- Ensure that donors are recognized accurately on grounds, in print and online, coordinating with frontline fundraisers and teams across the zoo when appropriate.
- · Coordinate the zoo’s Wild at Heart giving society, including execution of targeted stewardship activities, benefit fulfillment and communications support
- Coordinate the honor/memorial program
- Serve as primary contact to families wishing to honor loved ones at Woodland Park Zoo
- Coordinate with various departments around the zoo; keep records updated, and organize events around the installation of benches
- Coordinate and support Junior Philanthropists donor program
- Develop an annual plan for the monthly stewardship email series; measure donor email effectiveness and engagement
- Support the Annual Giving Manager in administrative activities
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times
- Maintain and adhere to policies around information gathering and sharing in accordance with professional ethics standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ related experience in development; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience writing key messages to multiple audiences
- Proven project coordination skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/requests under strict time constraints, and meet deadlines in a professional manner
- High attention to detail and the ability to audit work for accuracy and quality
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in computer databases and Microsoft Office applications
- Self-starter with imagination and creativity
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge of wildlife conservation issues
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to work a flexible schedule for events scheduled on evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM on June 14, 2019).
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.