We are looking for a service-minded Freight Broker to act as a liaison between our customers and freight carriers. The Freight Broker will secure new accounts, expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads.
To ensure success in this position you need maintain current knowledge of freight carrier services, bulk commodity products and equipment, and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention. Top applicants are customer-oriented, and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Freight Broker Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Booking orders with carriers.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Tracking status of loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
Freight Broker Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
Relevant experience and/or skills: Freight broker, freight agent, freight sales, truck broker, truck agent, logistics, 3PL, transportation, truck dispatch, truckload sales, rate negotiations, customer relationships, cold calling, carrier relationships, full truckload sales.
No Agencies Please!
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered, please contact Donna at 402-237-7475 or 402-533-2030.