THIS POSITION WILL BE ROTATING MID AND EVENING SHIFTS
Meat & Seafood Butcher
Meat & Seafood
Meat & Seafood Manager
At Jackson Whole Grocer, we strive to create a community where food takes center stage; where customers and employees connect and have a good time; and where shopping is an enjoyable experience. Our aim is to give customers a reason to shop here through amazing service, and a whole shopping experience that is energetic and fun. Our values: Be positive, go the extra mile, and enjoy learning!
Our commitment to our mission and values is reflected in how we’ve always treated our employees, which is with mindful appreciation and respect. Jackson Whole Grocer is a place where you can learn, advance, and participate in an exciting, unique and entrepreneurial working environment.
As a member of our Meat & Fish Team, your role will provide overall assistance in the Meat & Seafood Department, focusing on the Wholy Grill BBQ. Offer charismatic attitude while delivering outstanding food quality in a timely fashion. Develop outstanding customer relations and provide to their every need. Go above and beyond with sales techniques given. Maintain cleanliness throughout entire department. Execute demos, stocking product on shelves, rotation of products.
1) Customer Service
- Ensure interactions with customers are always governed by honesty, integrity and the highest standard of ethical conduct.
- Make sure that all customers are treated in a friendly manner, made to feel comfortable and are always satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Proactively greet all customers as they enter the department in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Be proactive in offering samples and suggestions for purchase and ways to use product. Refer to all store resources and staff to find answers. Ensure customer leaves with the information they have requested.
- Become familiar with store policies and products in order to answer customer questions. Refer unresolved questions to a manager. Offer customer suggestion or item request form.
- Always offer a solution that will satisfy the customer, including any necessary returns or exchanges according to Jackson Whole Grocer policy and procedures.
- Apply customer service standards consistently over the phone, as well as in person.
- Always thank the customer for shopping with Jackson Whole Grocer.
- Works under the direction of the Meat Manager to offer product freshness and quality in conjunction with the Wholy Grill.
- Acquires the knowledge of various meat types and product cuts to adequately prepare, sell and display product and to adequately respond to guests’ questions.
- Accurately cut, slice, weigh, price and wrap meat, seafood, and poultry to customer’s specifications.
- Enters codes, sizes into wrapping/pricing machine and add any necessary stickers to wrapped product.
- Places freshly wrapped meat products into the display cases and replaces depleted products.
- Removes outdated meat products from display cases.
- Be familiar with methods of cooking meat and seafood products
- Set-up and remove ice and product from service case daily or as directed
- Assist in ensuring facility is properly maintained. Report faulty equipment or other facility issues to management.
- Manage Wholy Grill displays, prep and storage areas in clean, orderly condition according to department procedures, and all aspects of sales floor operations.
- Accurately records in-store use of merchandise; handles damaged/spoiled products according to company policy; rotates ingredients/merchandises according to policy and assists in controlling shrink.
- Work with Manager in receiving orders and following established procedures, as well as quality control. Ensure proper product dating and labeling procedures are followed. Verify piece count sign for deliveries; notify management of any possible discrepancies or concerns. Help with unloading as needed.
- Upkeep and uphold fresh and appealing displays. Keep the service case properly iced, merchandised and priced.
- Maintain a clean grill area: floor, counters and tables, signs, scales, check stands and belts, shelving.
- Maintain a clean backroom work area: coolers, process area, receiving area.
- Efficiently accept orders, cook and serve product, and charge to guests within timely manner
- Ensure that the department is fully stocked to give appearance of abundance, products are labeled accurately, and of highest quality in order to attract customer purchases. This includes facing, rotating and culling according to department procedures. Prep, make, package and stock meat department items as directed and according to department procedures.
- Stay informed about all product literature, price changes, specials and any events.
- Ensure accurate price and grower information on department signs.
- Work to ensure department priorities are met as set by the Meat & Fish Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Meat & Fish Manager.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times with customers, co-workers and vendors
- Continually expand knowledge and abilities
- Application of technical skills, good judgment and decision-making
- Reflect customer sensitivity, creativity, skillful presentation and pride in all job duties
- Customer Relations
- Help create a pleasant in-store atmosphere for the customer
- Maintain the customer “priority” as the main part of the store operating program
- Develop and maintain outstanding employee-customer relations
- Assist in selection and recommendation of product for customers
- Overall Operating Program
- Awareness of the “total store” concept
- Responsibility to other departments within the store
- Obligation to fellow employees throughout the store
- Shares in responsibility for the results of the total store
- Basic knife skills
- Grill Chef/ Cooking Experience
- Understanding of internal cooking temperatures for all proteins
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Retail experience
- Ability to handle multiple demands in a calm and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Knowledge of products and trends in the natural food industry
- Familiarity with natural food, nutrition and food sensitivities
- Ability to create a positive environment and work as a team member
- Organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions using problem solving
- Experience implementing systems and procedures
- General knowledge and interest in meat and seafood
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Standing/Walking: Constantly throughout the workday on hard floor surface
- Lifting: Occasionally lifting trays of meat weighing up to 40# from floor to 37” table at wrapping station and from floor to 60” to load wheeled cart. Occasionally lifting less than 15# overhead to 6’
- Carry: Occasionally carrying trays of meat weighing 40# for 30’
- Push/Pull: Occasionally pushing and pulling wheeled carts with racks of meat weighing up to 200# at 25# force for 75’
- Bending/Twisting: Occasionally at the hips and knees to lift boxes and trays of meat, however squatting is recommended
- Reaching: Frequently reaching is performed to stock meat in sale area display up to 60” high and 16” deep, and during wrapping at the wrapping counter at a height of 37”
- Hands/Arms: Constantly throughout the workday
- Work-site Conditions: The majority of the work is performed in the meat cutting/cool room at a temperature of about 40 degrees and in the cooler at about 32 degrees. About 30% of the job is performed in the sale area to stock displays
Tools and Equipment Used: Wheeled carts, grocery carts, cash register, scanner, credit card scanner