ABOUT THE STOW COMPANY
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Engineering Intern position will perform entry level engineering duties to help support the manufacturing of wood-based products; and support senior level engineers with various tasks including time studies, CAD drawings, data collection, CNC programming, and spreadsheet creation and manipulation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform time studies of various manufacturing processes; document findings in Excel.
- Update, create, and maintain manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD, Solid Works.
- Assist in the design, fabrication, and installation of various projects including fixtures, prototypes, process improvement equipment.
- Provide technical support and problem-solving skills to the manufacturing team.
- Help support Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Work with all team members in a positive and effective manner.
- Assist in special projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate studies, pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering; academic focus on Mechanical or Manufacturing strongly preferred
- Junior or Senior student status
- Strong PC skills using MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, Solid Works, Programming C and C++
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.