A successful Membership Director possesses the ability to thoroughly explain the Freedom Boat Club experience and ultimately convert the prospect into a member. They must be able to "close" the deal! As a service-oriented business that emphasizes a hassle-free membership experience, FBC sales professionals must be available 7 days a week and after hours. They must be available when the prospective member is available. An entrepreneurial spirit is paramount. The most successful Membership Directors are career salespeople; they are well-rounded business professionals many of whom own their own businesses. A background in service industry or non-tangible product sales is extremely beneficial. In order to truly appreciate the Freedom Boating experience, a qualified Membership Director will have some boating experience. Former boat owners preferred. All applicants must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and some type of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program. Technology is available to ensure "no prospect is left behind." Relentless customer follow-up skills are a must. This will be handled over the phone and via email, so exceptional oral and written communication skills are required. Until a prospect asks to be removed from our database, they are a solid prospect and should be treated as such. In addition to the company generated leads provided, Membership Directors are responsible for proactive lead generation. Continuous interaction with current membership dockside is required. The most inexpensive and highest quality leads come by way of membership referrals. As an evolving industry, Membership Directors must be extremely flexible to internal and external changes. We invented this concept. Moreover, the Membership Director will implement Freedom Boat Club's event and market strategies, develop brand awareness, and generate inbound traffic. Networking and Guerilla Marketing experience is a must. This role coordinates internal Marketing Management, and the Executive Sales team to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a marketing referral network. The Membership Director must be an experienced, assertive professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in support of the Executive Sales team in a busy social events environment. You will be required to participate in boat shows, trade shows, open houses, membership socials, and many additional off-site events. Organize the coordination of up to 200+ events per year. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. This person should be willing to work evenings and weekends, The Membership Director should have a love of event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. The Membership Director will also be entrusted with a leadership role within the organization in which you will oversee the day-to-day performance of the Sales team. Previous leadership and managerial experience will be very beneficial.
• Implement the marketing strategy. Coordinate with Management and Executive Sales team to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant marketing techniques, products, and service.
• Work with the Executive Sales team to ensure social media tools (for ex. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, BNI, Chamber of Commerce, local events, Blogging, Company Website, etc. are kept up to date.
• Manage social media campaigns and day-today activities. Duties include online support, writing newsletters, community out-reach efforts, promotions, etc.
• Manage presence in social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
• Become an advocate of Freedom Boat Club in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Monitor trends in social media tools , trends, and applications.
• Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
• Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Management and Executive Sales team, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
• Assists with negotiations for space contracts and book event space; arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment, and entertainment. Make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate Freedom Boat Club décor (color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations, of management and of Freedom Boat Club members.
• Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
• Create and organize room layouts for each event.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
•Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress to management and Executive Sales team for each event.
• Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
• Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
•Strong project management and organizational skills
•In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube Twitter, Flickr, etc) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
•Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the boating industry
•Ability to effectively communicate information and leads in written and verbal format, proof reader skills, and build and maintain relationships.
•Team player, with confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
•Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
•Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO(Search Engine Optimization)
•Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Event Coordinating, Community Management experience, a plus
•Ability to lead and manage a team
•Ability to manage multiple projects and events work assignments
•Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
•Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
•Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
•Bachelor's degree preferred, significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
•At least 3 years' experience with office administrative management.
•At least 1 year experience coordinating special and social events.
•Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.