Under the direction of the General Manager, the Retreat Manager will oversee the properties under Natural Retreats' management and ensure that the homes are properly cleaned and maintained. Cores roles include executing on the overall organization and management of the properties, arranging for housekeeping, maintenance and inspections are performed, as well as the general administrative tasks related to the job. Essential function of this position is to interact and communicate with current homeowner by keeping them informed and sustaining the current relationship. In addition, this individual will need to assisting new home owners with Natural Retreats processes, procedures and standards.
Key skills required to perform this role are
Team Player, proactive, flexible, friendly, good administrative and organisational skills, good sense of humour, Computer literate, basic property management skills and service oriented. Ability to observe, coach and give constructive feedback to direct reports and third party vendors, as well as build relationships with owners, guests and members of the community.
- To work with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to oversee guest services and execute guest requests
- To meet and greet guests checking into our homes per the guidelines established by the City of Palm Springs
- Assist in all aspects of the housekeeping vendor relationship and assist housekeeping as needed to ensure homes are ready for guest arrival
- To provide property care and management to owners on our Property Care program
- Ensure all homes are brought up to standards in regard to the deferred maintenance issues
- Oversee all independent contractor Inspectors and Housekeepers
- Oversee vendors such as lawn care, pool care, property care, etc.
- Ensure homes have been cleaned properly and schedule deep clean, etc. and are ready and correctly set up according to brand standards prior to every guest arrival
- Ensure all NR Housekeeping brand standards are met in terms of safety, cleanliness, and hygiene
- Entry of all invoices for cleaning to the Finance team with weekly charged related to housekeeping
- Inventory control of all guest linens and ordering of other household items
- Keeping purchase orders for new homes, as well as inventory.
- Recording of housekeeping related owner charges on a weekly basis
- Maintain up-to-date reports and ensure all information is documented and filed appropriately as well as damage reports collation from housekeepers and inspectors
Service and Standards
- To oversee the operational performance of the retreat
- Ensure all home owners receive personalized attention and care
- Ensure all guests have an AMAZING experience with Natural Retreats
- To ensure all guests receive a pre-arrival call and meet and greet in line with brand standards ensuring each home is visited personally at least once during the guest stay.
- To ensure all employees can provide detailed knowledge of the local area passing this onto the Xplore team and guests alike
- To ensure all residences meet NR housekeeping brand standards in terms of safety, cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensure all properties are ready and correctly set up according to brand standards prior to every guest arrival
- Host VIP's, journalists and familiarisation trips as needed on behalf of Natural Retreats
- Ensure open, honest and timely communication to all departments and head office at all times.
- Ensure that all guests receive amazing customer service in all aspects of their stay from arrival through to their departure
- Work directly with homeowners to ensure their homes are up-to-speed in terms of maintenance and care
Stock and property maintenance
- Work directly with homeowners to ensure their homes are furnished and replenished as necessary
- Requisition all items needed for maintenance/home replenishment
- To manage where applicable, any stocks of toiletries, linens, household items, cleaning products etc efficiently and within budget, assigning appropriate charges to owners as required by applicable deadlines.
- To manage the upkeep, maintenance and inventory of the property, and in conjunction with owners, replacing items where necessary using approved suppliers and equipment.
- To gain full knowledge and maintain all operational systems and services in rental properties as required including gas, water, sewage supply etc.
Policies, procedures and commercial
- Create actions plans for homes
- Assist all staff with retreat operations
- To work closely with the Regional Operations Manager and General Manager to develop, implement and maintain procedures relevant to the site to increase profitability, performance and efficiencies.
- To be accountable for owners' invoice postings, and if issued, the responsible use of company credit card.
- To complete and feedback on any operational reports and inspections according to NR policies
- To conduct investigations and complete reports according to NR policies in the event of accident or injury to guests.
- To be a brand ambassador, promoting all NR locations and services to guests and colleagues alike.
- Where required, to create and carry out local marketing initiatives.
- To maintain good and clear communication between the site and Head Office.
- From time to time, to fulfil any reasonable request from Senior Management
- Working in conjunction with the VP, Outfitting; to maintain existing and develop new relationships with suppliers, strategic partners and industry professionals
- Set an example of professionalism by work ethic, appearance, timekeeping, preparedness and every other facet to build trust, confidence and respect from all those who work under their direction
- To interview, recruit and train staff and independent contractor and ensure they are being deployed in a productive manner
- Ensure the team understand service expectations and constantly drive world class service
- Lead, inspire and champion your team and their talents to all in the business, encouraging on-going development and progression
- Ensure all employees follow the company guidelines as set out in the Natural Retreats US Inc Handbook
- Assist with sales as needed
Education/Experience and Skills Required
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Team player who is flexible and open to feedback and continued growth
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn new software programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to exceptional interpersonal and ability to make strong personal connections with home owners
- Manages time effectively and meet deadlines in the required timeframe
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in hospitality, property management, or other related fields
- Detail oriented and ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with hours of work varying, especially during peak season
Hours of work
Due to the nature of the job, the Retreat Manager should be flexible with their hours. Weekends will generally be busy with guest arrivals and departures although these can be covered on request, are generally working days. 2 days off are allowed per week, guests can arrive at unpredictable times and the manager should always be available in case of emergency. Generally, this will mean a working day of 8am-6pm although on occasion this will vary according to occupancy.