As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for company success.
We are announcing an exciting opportunity to join the Executive Leadership Team at Pocket Nurse. The Senior Vice President reports directly to the President and oversees a 95-employee workforce in a state of the art 125,000 square foot facility. The efforts of this role will focus on P&L, continuous improvement efforts on operations, establishment and oversight of key performance indicators, and facilitation of strategic growth initiatives. A successful candidate will be a strong leader who takes initiative to facilitate, delegate, empower, motivate, inspire and make key decisions when required and as appropriate.
Our unique culture is based on a customer-oriented and hands-on approach by the Management Team that produces high quality results working collaboratively with and through others. Understanding people well and using that understanding to motivate and persuade others to act is a key aspect of the role while effectively interacting and liaising with the President. It is important for this job to initiate and set goals and to ensure they are reached through follow up on completion of tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Manages to a 3-year business plan based on the 4 Corporate Initiatives of Revenue Growth, Operational Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction and Employee Development to drive operational performance and financial results and adjusts misalignment accordingly.
- Ensures focus on meeting the daily business sales, service and operational objectives while monitoring that the alignment and forward momentum of strategic initiatives are maintained.
- Responsible for the review and execution of contract and legal agreements and the evaluation of acquisition opportunities.
- Oversees negotiations with major suppliers and manufacturers.
- Creates a culture of exceeding customer expectations and inspires and allows every employee, at every level, to use their best judgement every day.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of related experience with progressive managerial responsibility or the equivalent of 11 years combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree or industry-related certifications preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- A management style that ensures a strong, compliant infrastructure while remaining flexible to the competing demands of our programs.
- Knowledge of distribution and manufacturing operations desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to balance production, development and maintenance needs.
- Strong understanding of budgeting/expense management based on GAAP and the ability to maximize the organization's growth and short-term/long-term profitability.
- Possesses a high level of personal and business ethics and upholds organizational values.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, ERP and/or Inventory Management Systems.
- Oversees the Senior Leadership Team and identified departments and assists in the development of management skills in current and future leaders.
- As identified by business needs.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities.
- 401(k) with generous company contributions.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage and voluntary insurance options.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- On-site fitness center, café with healthy options and free parking.
- Company-wide cookouts, pot-lucks, and work-day events.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and communicate complex information and problems, opposing points of view on complex issues and collaborate and explore alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule, and oversee work schedules of others; analyze and make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and compose materials such as detailed reports, forms, letters, manuals, presentations, etc. and communicate information; compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data for reporting purposes; and use mathematical skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).