ABOUT THE STOW COMPANY
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Process Engineer II identifies and manages continuous improvement projects to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and throughput of wood-based products at our cutting-edge manufacturing plant. The Process Engineer II role works directly with Operations Management to establish metrics, monitor, and make process improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for leading the direction of production processes, work flow, and plant efficiency.
- Analyze equipment, processes, and work flow and develop methods to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Lead and/or be part of teams to implement process changes and improvements.
- Prepare cost justification documentation for new capital equipment initiatives.
- Lead and support Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement activities.
- Apply statistical methods and time studies to set production rates and standards.
- Assist production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging, and other technical skills to keep productions processes running at peak efficiency.
- Uses data driven decision making to root cause production and process constraints.
- Conduct training of supervisors and production team.
- Assist and support the product development team to ensure a successful launch of all new products.
- Create and maintain facilities CAD drawings and documentation using AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Mentor junior engineers and college interns to assist in their professional development.
- Work with all team members in a positive and effective manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Five to ten years of relevant work experience
- Experience leading the design and implementation of manufacturing work cells
- Green Belt six sigma certification, preferred
- Strong background in Project Management
- Knowledge of CNC programmable equipment and wood manufacturing processes
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, Alphacam, Wood Wop, and Ardis, strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.