What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
As a Dynamics CRM Administrator and Developer, you will be responsible for the system administration, design, development, deployment, and maintenance related to our CRM system.. This individual will provide deep technology architecture direction and guidance on projects of all sizes. This individual is primarily responsible for the administration and implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. They will work with business units to understand their business process, develop a solution and support the implementation in Dynamics CRM. The work includes the entire software development lifecycle for configuration, customization, and integration of Dynamics CRM.
The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge in Dynamics CRM entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integration development, reporting, dashboards, web resources, CRM solution file management, security model and UI development. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Dynamics 365 cloud engineering and developement.
This individual will also work with the SharePoint administration team responsible for on-premises and SharePoint Online offerings.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Leading or participating in design and architecture sessions with key business users, gathering and documenting business processes and requirements for the system
- Architecting the CRM system, related customizations and reports to model the SEI processes
- Advising business users on best practices for CRM, development or integration processes
- Balance business users requests and requirements with technical constraints
- Building and configuring CRM forms, views, dashboards and workflows
- Ensuring consistent release management, change management and project approval processes
- Support of the application including fixing application issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in System/Software Engineering
- 2 years experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required in order to meet production deadlines or handle maintenance windows outside normal business hours.
- Participate in an on call after hour’s rotation for user support with average call volume of 3-5 calls/week.
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Dynamics CRM/365 entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integration development, reporting, dashboards, web resources, CRM solution file management, security model and UI development.
- Strong BI skills, including working knowledge of business process automation and business process management.
- Experience with CRM API, Azure DevOps, source control, and CRM SDK
- Familiarity with databases and SQL competence.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, especially in requirements gathering.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands from a diverse user base.
- Experience administering systems in a heterogeneous computing environment.
- Hands-on experience in the entire service lifecycle (planning, deployment, maintenance).
- A broad understanding of information technology including operating systems, network and Internet technologies and services, collaboration platforms, storage network technologies, and information security.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Operates with transparency and integrity, and welcomes feedback.
- Master's degree in information technology, engineering, computer sciences, or related discipline
- 4 years of experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM/365.
- Knowledge of the O365 platform as it pertains to feature sets that integrate with Dynamics CRM solutions including SharePoint
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including Report Builder and stored procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, including administration.
- Microsoft Certification.
Job Function Breakdown:
65% Maintain and evolve Dynamics CRM/365
- Development and maintenance related to the Dynamics CRM/365 environment – including meeting with business users to gather and refine requirements, working with contractors, and configuring and customizing the environment to meet the defined business needs of the organization.
15% Maintain and evolve SharePoint
- Development and maintenance related to the SharePoint environments – including working with both customers and IT staff to define business needs, configuring and customizing the environments to meet the defined business needs, and developing custom solutions to meet business process needs.
10% Maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading other services
- Assist other IT teams with maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading enterprise technologies as required.
- Create and maintain technical documentation as it relates to software and system configurations, review procedural documentation, and recommend updates as necessary.
5% Other duties as assigned
TOTAL = 100%
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.