Lower Elwha Food & Fuel/Cedar Box Smoke Shop
Position: Prep/Fry Cook & Food Assembly
Date: March 28, 2018
Salary range: $13.50
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Shift 1 Fri & Sat 10am-6pm
Shift 2 Mon-Wed 3:30pm - 10:30pm
Shift 3 Thur-Sat 3am-1pm
Shift 4 Fri-Sun 1pm-7pm
The employee occupying this position will be required to perform a variety of duties inherent to frying, baking, preparing and assembling various menu items inside the store kitchen or on the food truck. Customer service is very important.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for frying, baking, preparing and assembling various menu items in accordance with customers' specifications and preset recipes.
- The essential duties include the following
- Have a look at the following list of job duties particular to the position of a fry cook:
- Prepare food items such as meats, poultry and fish for frying and grilling purposes.
- Marinate food items according to provided instructions and recipes.
- Check each food item to ensure that it is fresh, and provide feedback to kitchen supervisor in cases where freshness is an issue.
- Operate fryers and grills according to instructions, pour oil in them, and place items in them for frying and grilling purposes.
- Monitor the time and heat of equipment, ensuring that both are regulated as and when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of menu items such as steaks, burgers and sandwiches, ensuring that French fries and salads accompany each order.
- Handle portion control activities, according to specified instructions provided by the chef.
- Clean and maintain fryers and grills, ensuring that they are kept in pristine condition all through.
- Handle waste management duties, by ensuring that trash is properly and safely disposed of.
- Deliver soiled dishes and pots and pans to the washing areas, and assist in cleaning and drying them.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be able to reach by telephone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- And other duties may be assigned:
Supervisory responsibilities: none.
Competency: to perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning/organizing: prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Safety and security: observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/punctuality: is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Confidentiality: this position requires strict confidentiality.
Education and/or experience: 1-2 year experience in cooking and food prep and high school graduation or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired qualifications: minimum of 1-2 year food preparation and/or experience working in food service, required to have a food handlers permit.
Language skills: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel with frequent hand and wrist movements; and talk or hear; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 Pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee will frequently use sharp knives, box cutters, etc.
Work environment: the work environment characteristics described here are
- representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Drug free workplace: the successful candidate will be required to follow Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal drug policies.
Indian preference: preference for Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal members is in effect for this position.