Behavior Supervisors are responsible for assessing participant needs and developing an intervention plan to be implemented by Behavior Technicians (BTs) and Behavior Technician Trainers (BTTs). Behavior Supervisors practice under the direct supervision of Lead Supervisors or Program Manager as assigned, who are ultimately responsible for the case. The Behavior Supervisor meets regularly with the Lead Supervisor or Program Manager to determine the progress of the participant. Behavior Supervisors provide training, coaching, direction and oversight to BTs and BTTs in their work with participants as well as attending clinic meetings, staff meetings, and trainings.
Required1. Education (must meet at least one of the following criteria):a. Master’s degree in a relevant field.b. BCaBA Certification. (This certification requires a BA degree).
2. Professional Licensure/Certification (must meet at least one of the following criteria):a. Registered or licensed with the California BBS /BOP within six (6) months of commencing work as a Behavior Supervisor.b. Certified with the BACB in the state of California within six (6) months of commencing work as a Behavior Supervisor.
3. Experience:a. Prior experience working with individuals with autism.b. Prior experience assessing participant needs and developing treatment plans to meet those needs.c. Prior experience managing time to maintain schedules which are subject to change as participant demands change.d. Prior experience using logical problem-solving techniques both independently and in collaboration with workers to address participant needs and service delivery requirements.
4. Skill:a. Intermediate level computer proficiency.b. Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Word, MS Excelc. Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail and follow-through.d. Analytic skills with a proven commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
5. Knowledge:a. Knowledge of the autism spectrum and characteristics of individuals with autism.b. Knowledge of learning theory and behavioral principles and techniques.c. Knowledge of and training in DTT, PRT, and PECSd. Knowledgable in how to collect and interpret descriptive data (e.g. ABC data); knowledge and experience in functional analysis.e. Familiar with DAYC-2, VB-MAPP, Vineland, ABLLS, etcf. Clear understanding of the distinction between therapeutic and social relationships.
6. Abilities:a. Demonstrated ability to interpret procedure manuals effectively to staff, family members and community providers.b. Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and take the initiative where appropriatec. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.d. Ability to write detailed reports and evaluations.Demonstrated ability to create written documentation that is legible, clear, and concise.e. Ability to use basic office equipment such as phone, fax, and photocopier.f. Demonstrated ability to maintain appropriate relationships/boundaries.g. Demonstrated ability to maintain positive morale and unit cohesion as evidenced by maintaining a cooperative and flexible attitude toward coworkers, showing adaptability to change, exhibiting effective communication and interpersonal skills, and taking initiative to solve problems.h. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and reacts appropriately to emergency situations.i. Demonstrated ability to hear accurately and understand the unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings, and concerns of others demonstrated by understanding the attitudes, interests, needs, and perspectives of others and understanding the causes of others ' long-term underlying attitudes, behavior patterns or problems.
7. Other:a. Clean driving record and a current CA Driver’s License or ability to obtain CA driver’s license within 10 days after hired.b. Genuine desire to foster the development of one or several other people. A genuine desire to foster the learning or development of the others. Expressed by showing positive expectations of others, even in difficult cases, believing others want to and can learn, giving feedback in behavioral rather than personal terms, and identifying training and development needs.c. Possesses interpersonal understanding and cross-cultural sensitivity.
Check out our Benefits!
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
403b Retirement Plan
Employer paid life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Qualifying Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://FredFinchYouthCenter.appone.com