This is your opportunity to join the dynamic Business Operations team at Woodland Park Zoo. Applications are now being accepted for Events Production Assistant in the Event Support department. There are multiple part-time, temporary, non-benefited positions to be filled at this time.
Provides general support to the Events, Group Sales and Concerts units of the Business Development division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct on-site support for all production elements of the zoo’s private and public events including; concerts, tours, dinners, activities, etc.
- Tracks event status and performs a variety of detail-oriented tasks to ensure event preparedness, including conducting weekly communication meetings with the Grounds/Maintenance Team leaders.
- Meet event deadlines, projects and targets to keep to an event schedule; participate in problem solving event related issues.
- Provides high quality customer service to guests and internal customers.
- Monitors equipment inventory for event preparedness; including repairs, tracking log, purchasing, storage, etc.
- Interacts with staff, volunteers, sponsors and vendors in a professional and ethical manner.
- Performs general office duties: composes correspondence and maintains event software, files, database entry, dispatch meeting minutes and reminders.
- Responsible for set up and break down of equipment, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a professional, customer service-oriented demeanor.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and requests at one time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to enjoy working with the public and serving a diverse population.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member and independently.
- Ability to provide excellent levels of customer service to a variety of customers.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible/extended schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or six to 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Washington State Driver License.
Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), customized databases and technology, and Internet research.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision. Must be able to comfortably maneuver on grounds at night and/or without much light.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level can be loud to very loud during Concerts and Jungle Party season.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM the evening before).
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.