Food Safety Intern
American Nutrition Inc. (ANI) is a family-owned American company that has been making pet food and treats since 1972. Our company is based in Ogden, Utah and operates five pet food manufacturing plants across the U.S.
ANI is seeking a Food Safety Intern to work at their plant located in Ogden, UT.
The company's success is attributed to a core value to do things right and better. This philosophy dubbed 'Do It Better', still guides the company's commitment to delivering the highest-quality pet foods on the market. Today, the family-owned company is also known as American Pet Nutrition. The company exceeds FDA, AAFCO and USDA industry-wide pet food standards operating multiple facilities across the United States.
Ogden, Utah is a picturesque city in the foothills of the Wasatch mountain range about 30 minutes north of Salt Lake City. Ogden offers an excellent quality of life and a relatively low cost of living with stunning views of rugged mountains and beautiful sunsets from any location. Ogden is known for its small town atmosphere and immediate access to hiking, biking, skiing, climbing and many other outdoor activities.
The Food Safety Intern will provide technical support for the Food Safety/ Sanitation function to ensure that that all products manufactured by the company meet customer specifications, achieve superior quality, food safety and reliability levels. The Food Safety Intern will assist the Food Safety Manager with building food safety programs and analyzing data, by employing critical thinking abilities, managing and resolving non-conformances, performing risk analyses, documenting deviations, and continuously improving the food safety systems, while simultaneously, coordinating and communicating with a broad range of departments and team members. The ideal candidate is a high energy, strong self-driven team player, who thrives in a collaborative, fast paced, team environment.
• Assist with managing food safety documents/records
• Manage project timelines, anticipate deviations from plan, and proactively identify and recommend solutions.
• Complete customer related projects, participate in customer audits, and help manage corrective and preventative actions
• Learn to Interpret and help implement food safety standards
• Evaluate adequacy of food safety standards
• Learn to assist in sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting food safety/sanitation data
• Review the implementation and efficiency of food safety and inspection system
• Provide input and assist with implementation of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) certification
• Help monitor sanitation activities and log results
• Investigate customer complaints and enter responses into the database.
• Participate in the resolution of non-conformances.
• Assist with writing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Collect, use and interpret of statistical data
• Comprehend and apply food science theories
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.