Business Jet Access is currently seeking a full-time Hawker 800/850 Captain due to retirement. Captains are Business Jet Access’s most visible representatives to the passengers; they must act with diplomacy and decorum while ensuring a safe and efficient operation. When assigned to a flight, the Captain has the final authority in the operation of the aircraft. This includes the authority to start, delay, or cancel a flight
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as PIC or SIC on assigned flights.
- Comply with all federal, state, local, and foreign regulations, as well as company policies and procedures specified in the company operations manual.
- Maintain a high degree of aeronautical skill and knowledge.
- Comply with schedules and other directives governing the aircraft’s safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure that the aircraft is clean and prepared for flight with all provisions on board for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Study the weather conditions and forecasts for the departure airport, flight planned route, destination, and alternate airports.
- Prepare flight plans, calculate weight and balance, fuel on board, and performance charts.
- Ensure that maintenance issues and required services are communicated to maintenance personnel.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to various weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to very loud noise levels in and around their work environment. The physical demands regularly required are to sit for extended periods of time, squat, crawl, climb along with the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Daily interaction with High End Clientele where tact and decorum are mandatory while maintaining a team effort in customer service.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- College Preferred
- Minimum 3000 Hours Total
- 1500 Hours PIC
- 1000 Multi-Engine
- 750Hours Turbine Time
- 800/850 Hawker Type Rating
- Experience with Honeywell/Collins FMS
- Previous Jet Type Rating
- Experience with iPad/Apps
Certifications, Licenses and Badging:
- 1st Class Medical
- DOT Drug Testing
- 5 year PRIA Background Check
- NATA/KCM Badge
- Valid driver's license is required. Airline transport pilot license is required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Ability to obtain an airport security badge is required. Ability to travel 60% is required. Class I medical certification, clear criminal and aircraft accident history are required. Military or airline experience is preferred.