Suja is a rapidly-growing juice company located in Oceanside, CA that produces organic, cold-pressured juices that are sold nationwide. Through the large-scale use of organic, Non-GMO fruits and vegetables, and implementation of a breakthrough displacement technology called High Pressure Processing (HPP), Suja Juice has become the nation’s leading organic and cold-pressured juice brand. Our mission is to democratize organic juice by offering it at price point that everyone can afford.
The Procurement Manager – Raw Materials will have end to end responsibility for procurement of $30M+ in raw materials, including fresh vegetables through a Just-in-Time procurement model, frozen fruit juice and purees, and dry powders. This role will require knowledge of agricultural procurement best practices, international procurement including importation, perishable supply chains, long term contracting and forecasting, continuous cost reduction and negotiation, identifying and sourcing new ingredients, creating strong relationships with business partners, and developing industry-leading innovation.
Suja operates a Just-In-Time procurement strategy for all of its fresh Organic produce; directly contracting with growers for weekly harvesting based on volatile production needs. The candidate for this position should have an insatiable desire for excellence in securing raw materials to support production at Suja’s owned manufacturing facility, its co-packers, and for driving down COGS in all areas. Supporting Suja’s innovation cycle by quickly assessing and securing vendors for new ingredients is essential to this role and the company’s success.
- Work with grower-partners to plant proper amount of produce to support forecast
- Negotiate and place contracts on seasonal raw materials
- Support Research and Development team by identifying, assessing, negotiating, and approving new vendors for ingredients
- Ensure availability of all product inputs and parts to support Production
- Control product cost and aggressively seek cost reductions and process innovations
- Coordinate with Production to address and resolve any issues that arise concerning product availability
- Improve raw material and packaging yield through loss tracking and tighter inventories
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective, efficient processes to support all internal and external manufacturing and logistics activities
- Capture and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each function
- Utilize KPI data for leveraging actionable process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years in procurement and/or related experience in Supply Chain Operations
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and execute detailed work plans that support operational improvement
- Experience with agricultural and perishable procurement preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite – especially Excel, Outlook & Internet applications required; experience in building forecasts and inventory models in Excel
- Detailed understanding of accounting principles including Cash Flow, Profit and Loss statements, and Cost of Goods Sold
- Experience with manufacturing operations and co-packing
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and influence business partners
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- NetSuite ERP experience a plus
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. We offer the following:
Paid vacation and sick days
Suja offers a fun working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. Local and qualified candidates should submit a resume with salary requirements.