The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) is a not-for-profit, independent certification organization whose primary purposes are to establish and monitor a national certification system and to identify those counselors who have voluntarily sought and obtained board certification. The organizational mission is to advance counseling as the premier certification body of the profession with a vision of enhancing society worldwide through quality counseling. NBCC and Affiliates is comprised of three organizational affiliates: the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE) and the NBCC Foundation (NBCC-F).
NBCC and Affiliates has operations and partnerships in 40 countries providing certification, training programs and public mental health services through institutes and residencies. Over 66,000 Board Certified Counselors serve the public and advance mental health efforts across the globe. With a portfolio of nine credentials related to professional counseling, mental health, addictions, human services, and career development, NBCC and Affiliates seeks to expand the professional capacity of counselors and human service professionals. NBCC is focused specifically on credentialing, certification and quality assurance, while CCE focuses on providing education and training opportunities and leveraging credentials to best serve communities. Additionally, CCE provides organizational management services for associations, boards, and other management clients. The NBCC Foundation engages in capacity building, seeking to expand access to mental health services in underserved and never-served communities and increase the accessibility of high-quality professional development resources for counselors.
THE CENTER FOR CREDENTIALING & EDUCATION (CCE)
The Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) is a not-for-profit organization that provides practitioners and organizations with assessments, business support services and credentialing. Created in 1995 as an affiliate of the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), CCE credentials nearly 25,000 practitioners globally in a variety of fields.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Manager is responsible for strengthening relationships with current partners and developing new relationships for growth of CCE credentials. Work with marketing and credentialing services to assist with developing a strategic business development plan.
The following responsibilities and duties are a summary of the essential roles and functions of the position. Other duties may be performed as needed or requested to achieve department, division and/or organizational goals.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contracts and which market strategies can be used to attract partners
- Collaborate with Business Development Director, Marketing, and Credentialing Services to ensure requirements are met
- Maintain a working relationship with relevant departments within Credentialing and Quality Assurance Division in order to monitor credential boundaries and requirements.
- Maintain excellent relationships with current partners and identify potential new partners within the areas assigned
- Possess a strong understanding of credential products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up to date on industry competitors
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, business degree preferred;
- International business experience preferred
- Business development experience preferred
- 2 years of customer service experience required;
- 2 years of database management and/or computer experience required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
To be considered for this position, please submit the online application form, a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference. Additionally, the application process for this position may include a criminal background check and/or credit check.
|NBCC and Affiliates is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.