Join Our Team!
Woodland Park Zoo saves wildlife and inspires everyone to make conservation a priority in their lives.
This position is responsible for the operation, modification, and administration of the payroll, timekeeping, and labor distribution and reporting systems. This position facilitates the proper, consistent, and accurate application of related policies. Develop and maintain payroll records, processing, and information systems. Serve as a regular resource for zoo staff and managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, prepares, and inputs payroll data; uses automated systems to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Responsible for the proper application of collective bargaining contract provisions and zoo, city, state, and federal policies relating to compensation administration covering a diversity of represented and non-represented employees.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll related timesheets through payroll and timekeeping automated systems.
- Respond to and resolve a variety of payroll problems associated with the processing and verification of transaction documents, providing quality customer service.
- Process payroll adjustment processing (including manual checks) as needed every pay period.
- Calculate, verify, and approve payment amounts for medical, dental, life insurance, LTD, section 125, and 403(b) payments, as well as L&I premiums, union fees, and other payroll benefits.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, year-end, and ad hoc reports (e.g. gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Work with third party tax service to ensure accurate filing of quarterly/annual tax returns.
- Assist finance department as appropriate with regard to information needed for the general ledger.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, Payroll Administration, Accounting, or a related field and five years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven knowledge of payroll processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of payroll and labor distribution systems operations and an understanding of accounting principles and practices, including payroll auditing.
- Experience with in-house or outsourced payroll systems and relevant software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with payroll administration for different pay groups, including union-represented positions.
- Knowledge of personnel rules, policies, and collective bargaining contract provisions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification preferred.
- Ascentis HRIS suite/NOVAtime software experience preferred.
- This position may be required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org/jobs.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.