• Meters electrical devices in operation and monitors readings.
• Diagnose malfunctions and remove defective parts.
• Inspects electrical components.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Installs and maintains electrical circuits and wiring.
• Tracks maintenance performed.
• Sets up and operates test measurements and diagnostic equipment.
• Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
Education and Training: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related oilfield experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Requirements: Definitive understanding of electronic and electrical components and theory, SCR, VFD and Canrig Top Drives.
-Develops alternative solutions
-Prioritizes and plans work activities
-Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
-Ability to read, interpret and write routine reports and correspondence.-
-Have the knowledge to problem solve several concrete variables in standardized situations.
-Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
-Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
-Have knowledge working within Microsoft Office Suite.
-Able to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, stand or crawl.
-The candidate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
-Ability to efficiently work at multiple elevations.
-This job is normally in a field setting.
-The noise level varies depending on location.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Outside weather conditions.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time
WHAT ORION DRILLING COMPANY OFFERS?
-Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
-401(k): Orion Drilling offers a 401(k) plan
for full-time employees
-Paid Time Off (PTO): These days can be used for any reason-vacation, personal time, family illness, and occasional sick days, etc.
-Extras: Orion Drilling offers voluntary benefits