- Complete job setup accordance to plan and operate equipment to defined specifications for finished product.
- Perform quality inspections throughout job to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Perform machine adjustments to proactively keep product within specified tolerances.
- Oversee Packers activity in conjunction with QA Technician interaction.
- Document production activity and material traceability/usage calculations to determine finished quantities and line efficiencies.
- Provide back-up support to other positions on the production line.
- Perform all necessary preventative maintenance as required.
- Make suggestions for process improvements.
- Operate machines at desired speeds to ensure efficiency of production.
- Identify and document failures and support identification of root cause for production issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong mechanical aptitude required with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
The ability to operate common hand and power tools.
Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
Must be able to read a metric and standard ruler.
The ability to communicate effectively.
High school math skills.
The ability to multi-task.
Good organizational skills.
The ability to read blue prints a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-3 years of manufacturing experience desired.