We currently have a Position Opening for a Destination Specialist. Compensation Starts at $11.00/hour
This position is part-time. Available shifts for this position are flexible; the Destination Specialists are only deployed at conventions or events as needed. Certain months may need dozens of shifts, and certain months have none. The majority of the shifts for this position occur during the day on weekdays and weekends. Total hours per year can range from 40 - 300.
What You’ll Do:
Provide visitors, meetings, and convention goers with an extraordinary impression of Experience Columbus and the Columbus destination. The Destination Specialists are deployed as needed and have three primary responsibilities: to provide visitor information, to provide staffing at conventions and other events, and generate visitor survey completions. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Staff information tables, booths, and visitor centers when needed.
- Greet visitors in person; responding to questions; anticipating needs; and maintaining visitor information resources
- Provide a friendly and knowledgeable voice when answering visitor questions
- Determine visitor interests and suggest suitable attractions, dining, lodging, and shopping in an attempt to create a superb experience and to increase visitor happiness
- Anticipate visitor needs and provide insider tips for experiencing the Columbus region
- Use tools such as the Experience Columbus Visitor Guide, collateral from other attractions, and provided digital tablets to provide visitors with answers and literature about their interests
- Maintain the orderliness of the work space, whether a table, booth or visitor center
- Staff registration tables at conventions and other events as needed. Responsibilities vary depending on the convention and generally include:
- Work with convention clients
- Greet convention attendees
- Register and check in convention attendees and provide them with convention information
- Hand out convention supplies
- Other duties as assigned by convention or Experience Columbus staff
- Administer Experience Dedicated™ Destination (EDD) visitor surveys:
- Generate visitor survey completions
The Ideal Candidate for this role demonstrates professionalism in communicating with the public and a love of providing excellent customer service. Having a passion for Columbus and an excitement to share that passion with visitors is a must! As is having abundant and continuing knowledge of Greater Columbus, its attractions, events and activities; and construction. Don’t worry we will help provide you that information as well through our CTA training. The candidate should have big, friendly smiles and exhibit proper telephone etiquette.
Specific qualifications and requirements include:
- Basic computer and troubleshooting skills including internet search and use of a tablet device
- Ability to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation, sponsored by Experience Columbus
- Visitor Center workers must complete four hour paid training and follow up assessment with the POS register system
- Must be over 18 years of age.
Experience Columbus' vision is to be the leading force in creating and revealing the best of the Columbus experience to the world. Experience Columbus' mission is to sell, market and promote the Destination Columbus experience to visitors.
Experience Columbus employs approximately 75 people working in convention sales, tourism sales, convention services, membership and development, marketing, communications, events, public affairs and administration. In June 2002, Experience Columbus created the Greater Columbus Sports Commission to attract professional, collegiate, amateur and youth sports events to Greater Columbus. Our Core Values: Collaborative, Passionate, Strategic, Integrity, Motivated
Experience Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an active nondiscriminatory work environment. Experience Columbus does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), sex, gender identity or expression, familial status, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or disability or any other factor protected by applicable law.
|Experience Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an active nondiscriminatory work environment. Experience Columbus does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), sex, gender identity or expression, familial status, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or disability or any other factor protected by applicable law.