The Lead Maintenance Worker is responsible for the overall repair, upkeep and safe operation of Fred Finch Youth Center facilities (owned and leased), including, but not limited to painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical work, light construction, documentation of repairs, as well as delivery of and pickup of maintenance supplies. This position is also responsible for monitoring agency vehicle maintenance as needed. The Lead Maintenance worker is expected to perform routine and preventive maintenance and repairs for assigned building(s), facilities and equipment, ensuring technical operations are in proper working order. As indicated above, the Lead Maintenance Worker is a critical part of the agency's safety program, and as such is also responsible for a variety of safety-related functions, as detailed below.
***Click here for complete Job Description***
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED.
2. Valid California Driver’s License (or ability to obtain one within 10 days of hire) and good
3. Ability to drive vans and light trucks safely.
4. A minimum of three (3) years of general maintenance experience in building/equipment,
maintenance and carpentry and repairs.
5. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in electrical or plumbing maintenance.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use a variety of shop equipment and tools.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of building materials and their use.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
9. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers and staff and to
develop helpful relationships with the participants we serve.
10. Demonstrated ability to diagnose and make the necessary repairs to low voltage electricity
11. Basic computer skills and/or demonstrated aptitude to use computer-based technologies i.e.
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://FredFinchYouthCenter.appone.com