ABOUT THE COMPANY
Jos. A. Magnus & Co. (Magnus) is once again making a name for itself by offering legendary libations and pre- prohibition heritage to all who value the experience of fine spirits. Inspired by the sensational bourbon blend that was all the rage at the beginning of the 20th century, the Murray Hill Club, located inside the Jos. A. Magnus & Co. distillery, captures the glamour and passion of the time.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Beverage Sales Representative is responsible for expanding the reach and strengthening the reputation of the Magnus portfolio of spirits through the achievement of sales goals in on and off premise accounts throughout DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia. The duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by the General Manager or Vice President of Production.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for continued growth of the DC/MD/VA markets by making account calls independently and with distributors to develop new and existing accounts and increase product placements.
- Understand and respond to the dynamics of the DC/MD/VA markets by developing and driving solutions that promote and build the Magnus brand.
- Participate in routine General Sales Meetings with distributor partners to build relationships, educate, inform, and improve capabilities on selling Magnus.
- Achieve and deliver annual plans for the region that reflect the agreed upon brand and customer strategies and support delivery of business goals.
- Responsible for all distributor management decisions and relationships with guidance from the Director of Sales.
- Build and develop the brand by hunting and opening new operator accounts and developing existing distribution new customers.
- Schedule, conduct, and participate in distributor routine meetings with distributor partners to educate, inform, and build capabilities on selling Magnus.
- Responsible for building engaging sales presentations and reports that will provide an action-oriented response from prospects.
- Support the execution and management of region budget, sales expense, travel and expense, and regular expense reporting.
- Work closely with marketing to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns, and materials to profitably increase Magnus availability and points of distribution.
- Scheduling, executing, and tracking all crew drives and sales rallies in respective territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field of study
- Four or more years of sales experience, preferably in the craft spirits industry
- Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS) certification, preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exquisite verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use reports and data to achieve goals and objectives
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
- A clean driving record with strong geographic knowledge of the respective territory is a must
- Must be able to lift cases of up to 40lbs each
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.