The Packaging Technical Assistant is responsible for the setting up and changing over of the packaging equipment in the packaging lines.
- Perform setup, troubleshooting and change overs of packaging lines.
- Ensure proper setup of the packaging line before and during a job run.
- Ensure the line is running at its maximum potential during a job run.
- Follow all procedures and operational guidelines as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitor performance of equipment during operation and contact maintenance as needed.
- Document work as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in packaging environment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Able to perform repetitive lifting tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in nutritional supplements production environment.
Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the plant. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is very active and the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl all day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. No specific vision requirements.
Objects weighing 50 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.