The Maintenance Manager is responsible for supervising the Gummy Plant Mechanics/Technicians and for assisting the Gummy Plant Manager in managing total plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost. The Maintenance Manager will supervise two mechanics and be required to be hands-on repairing, troubleshooting, etc when mechanical or technical issues arise. Other operational duties include, but are not limited to: Managing budget(s), vendor management, and paperwork.
Ensure appropriate personnel accomplish specific tasks required. Supervise the work performed by personnel on a continuous basis. Maintain personnel schedule and monitor timesheets to ensure appropriate payroll processes.
Train personnel in proper procedures for cleaning and maintenance of the areas and for the operations performed. Ensure that all Gummy Plant production personnel perform duties in accordance with batch instructions, cGMPs, and Standard Operation Procedures.
Train Personnel in safety procedures and maintain the areas in accordance with approved safe operating standards.
Meet or exceed the productivity standards for each department supervised.
Develop, implement and maintain procedures to improve productivity and quality. Participate in the identification, sourcing and qualifying of new or replacement equipment required to accomplish production goals.
Ensure that all logbooks, manufacturing records, and other official documents are completed and accurate and timely manner. Review master records for correctness and completeness for batches processed by manufacturing personnel.
Supervise the transfer of materials entering or leaving manufacturing areas. Ensure that products leaving manufacturing department are stored in proper areas.
Develop all SOPs required for operation, cleaning and maintenance of any equipment used for processing in a department supervised.
Assist the Manager, Gummy Plant, in other areas as directed.
Assist mechanics/technicians in their day to day tasks when escalated or necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' professional manufacturing experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills with strong ability to prioritize and execute
- Knowledge of industry products and services
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and add-ons)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Experience as a mechanic or technician
- Automation experience
- Experience using PLC
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in production, nutraceuticals, business development or related field
- Experience working in a nutraceutical/pharmaceutical (life sciences) industry
- Experience working in a confectionery industry
- Working knowledge of MRP, ERP systems and SAP