JSI, Northeast Ohio's leading provider of Janitorial Services, is seeking an Area Manager to join our leadership team. Named one of the Weatherhead 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Northeast Ohio for 2 consecutive years, JSI is looking to expand our management staff with qualified and talented individuals.
The Area Manager holds overall responsibility for the janitorial program in numerous facilities in his/her geographical area. This is an afternoon / evening shift. This position is based in Cleveland with local travel daily throughout the Northeast Ohio area.
The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, and the ability to communicate well with clients, via phone, email and in person. They must be able to train, direct and manage a diverse workforce of employees at various locations. We are seeking someone with an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task. The Area Manager must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. They must be able to delegate tasks, and solve problems rapidly. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Perform customer service duties, and handle all client requests or complaints in a timely manner. Follow up to ensure satisfaction
- Supervise, train, motivate, and develop team members
- Work with the HR department to ensure all jobs are properly staffed and trained
- Arrange for coverage in the event of an employee absence
- Disciplinary action and/ or termination of employees when necessary
- Perform regular inspections of buildings to ensure that specifications are being met
- Correct deficiencies in buildings whenever necessary
- Maintain budgetary compliance at all accounts, specifically with labor hours/ supplies / equipment
- Oversee scheduling and payroll for all employees working in your accounts
- Scheduling of special project work when requested or needed
- Ensure that all janitorial equipment is in good working condition and well maintained.
- Track and maintain supply inventory
- Ensure building safety and security for employees
- Minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Janitorial, Facilities, or similar area management experience is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
Janitorial, Facilities, or similar area management experience is preferred.