Social Worker / Discharge Planner - BSW / LSW
RiverVista Health and Wellness, a new state of the art behavioral hospital, is currently recruiting a Licensed bachelors-prepared Social Worker / Clinician dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence, accountability, transparency, and cultural humility to join our team. Individuals hired will have the opportunity to play and active role in agency start-up and program development.
RiverVista Health and Wellness utilizes outcomes-based assessments and best practice treatment models developed to have a profoundly positive impact on the broad range of unique behavioral needs of adult and aging populations in a contemporary, healing environment.
Our ideal candidate has experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, discharge planning and community resources; possesses strong problem-solving and organizational skills; enjoys a fast-paced, high intensity clinical environment.
- Ability to deal tactfully with a team of interdisciplinary professionals, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies, community case managers/providers and the general public
- Coordinates Discharge Planning: Arranges transportation, helps to identify post discharge services and resources, set-up follow-up community appointments with behavioral health and physical healthcare, copies discharge documentation and compiles discharge packet
- Responsible for acquiring and documenting community-based resources for discharge planning & referral
- Collaborates with community agencies as indicated to meet patient needs across the continuum of care
- Coordinates the movement of patients between a hospital to a skilled nursing facility or home
- Attends Clinical Treatment Team Meetings
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Must have working knowledge of community social and health agencies.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior and personality dynamics.
- Experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness is required
- Inpatient mental health and work with the geriatric population are strongly preferred
- Work with co-occurring substance use disorders and/or training in motivational interviewing a plus
- Typically regular business hours Monday – Friday
- Flexibility is a requirement dependent upon needs of patients
Our supportive, diversity-affirming and family-friendly work environment embodies our commitment to competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, ongoing training, continuing education and staff development/ advancement opportunities! "Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork are just a few of the principles that we value." We are redefining behavioral health.Come see what else makes us different!