The Nutranext™ family of brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, NeoCell®, Stop Aging Now®, Champion Performance®, [AL1] True Health®, Blessed Herbs® and Sedona Labs®. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext, we are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we offer a well-equipped gym and other facilities that encourage employees to move physically and stay fit; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
The Database Engineer III is responsible for supporting the Direct to Consumer (DTC) development team with database queries and database optimization and normalization. The Database Engineer III is also responsible for the database architecture of DTC projects. This position also assists the Business Intelligence team in generating reports and report automation and supports Database Architecture and DevOps as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee query optimization and database architecture for the development team.
- Review and optimize current database architecture.
- Review, code and identify optimizations.
- Support Business Intelligence team with Reporting and Report Automation.
- Support database server administration as needed.
What you bring to the team:
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in database administration and queries.
- Experience with eCommerce and relevant reporting.
- Experience with List Pulls and Data Segmentation.
- Experience with database / query optimization.
- Extremely proficient with writing complex queries and best practices
- NoSQL / data store (Redis) experience
- Experience with large volumes of data / data warehousing
- Experience with Columnar Databases (AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
- Proficient with database design / architecture and best practices
- Must have high attentio to detail with strong communication skills
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries
- Ability to find 'expensive' queries and optimize and segment data.
- MySQL proficiency.
- Web development experience
For more information please visit our career page at www.nutranext.net
Nutranext formerly Nature's Products Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to share that we have been the recipient of the following awards for Wellness:
Healthiest Employer of South Florida Nominee 2014 (Med Company)
Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2015 (Med Company)
Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2016 (Med Company)
Healthiest Employer of Bay Area Winner 2016 (Small Company)
Healthiest Employer of The Valley in Arizona (Small Company)
American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Award 2015
American Heart Association Platinum Fit Friendly 2016
American Heart Association Innovative Work Place 2016
Worksite Wellness Award 2015 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
Worksite Wellness Award 2017 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
Best Health & Wellness Program 2017 - Excellence in HR Awards (Miami Chamber of Commerce)