Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Formulation, the Formulation Specialist I is a fully participating member of the Research & Development (R&D) team. The Formulation Specialist I supports the development and maintenance of the formulation process from concept to fulfillment and provides technical assistance and Company process coordination through the concept, price quoting, testing, production, label development, label review and marketing-related phases. Works closely and effectively with Company departments and staff.
- With highest level of accuracy, maintains formula sheets and costing structures on formulation and/or reformulation.
- Inputs data and formulas to SAP Q&E module, submits to quote and chaperones to pilot.
- Assures highest level of accuracy and completeness of all formula sheets.
- Performs special projects to increase synergy and efficiencies between R&D and other departments.
- Supports Formulation leadership by completing initial data search during new product development.
- Works closely with Florida-based Production, Costing and Business Operations staff through all phases of product development.
- Works effectively with raw materials vendors on sourcing and documentation needs.
- Researches new material options.
- Supports research evaluation as assigned to maintain and improve product lines.
- Documents and maintains accurate product files for formulas, reformulations, samples and pilots.
- Supports all phases of the end to end innovation process, from product development to project launch.
- Exercises quality assurance to maintain GMP compliant documentation across all product lines.
- Supports information gathering on all product formulations for documentation of research-based and supportive product benefits.
- Supports training and communication events online and in-market, as needed
- Supports Marketing and Education Teams in development and/or vetting of product related training and sales materials
- Facilitate formulation tasks across corporate ERP and Service Management platforms
- Other duties and projects, as assigned, in support of R&D and Company success
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree with a strong scientific background
- Demonstrated project coordination, math and teamwork abilities
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and linked data spreadsheets, including MS Word and PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong scientific background
- Proficient with SAP software, data entry, and QC
- Experience with ERP (Manufacturing) systems
- Experience in natural products, nutrition, food technology, or health-related field
Works in a clean office space, free of noise, dust, and humidity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Occasional lifting of light items required. No specific vision requirements.