The Life Science Training Institute (LSTI), a division of VertMarkets, Inc., and a leader in training for life science personnel, is looking for a driven, customer-focused talent to drive the growth and quality of our pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device training courses. This role requires a critical thinker, who is an independent worker with unparalleled attention to detail. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of eLearning courseware for LSTI clients and our publicly available course offerings. Additionally, this position will manage the execution, quality control, and instructor management of our webinar and other public course products. This opportunity is ideal for an individual looking for ownership and accountability over course development and quality. This position offers upward mobility and the opportunity to work directly for and with the division head.
As the Assistant Director, Course Development and Training, you will also be responsible for customer service and course administration for LSTI’s virtual training courses. In this capacity, you will be the primary point of contact for course participants and instructors.
At its core, this position is critical in helping our customers and prospects do their jobs better by understanding the challenges they face, thus enabling us to provide the right training solutions.
Our environment is challenging and fast-paced and is not for those just looking for a job, but for extraordinary individuals looking to take the lead and be part of growing our business. This position has unlimited potential for growth, with a long term goal of having the successful candidate take a management role within the company.
Essential Job Duties
Development and maintenance of eLearning courseware for varied LSTI business units, including:
- Development of storyboards for clients and internal use
- Development of eLearning from storyboards
- Client project management
- Work with external LSTI Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop training for LSTI Learning Library™
- Ensure course quality and compatibility with client Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Perform virtual training course operations such as set-up, moderation, and reporting, including:
- Establishing new training courses in the webinar platform, Adobe Connect
- Uploading course materials and configuring interactive elements (ex: exams) in Adobe Connect
- Uploading attendee and instructor details in Adobe Connect
- Creating course rosters and evaluations
- Distributing webinar access information to participants and responding to their inquiries
- Facilitating live webinars as a moderator, troubleshooting course and access issues as they arise
Serve as primary point of contact for course instructors to ensure on-time course execution, including:
- Retrieving speaker agreements
- Training instructors to use the webinar platform, Adobe Connect
- Obtaining course materials per the instructor agreement and reviewing materials to ensure that LSTI’s quality standards are met
- 3+ years in a professional, fast-paced environment with customer service responsibilities
- Super-user level proficiency with Articulate Storyline 360 and other eLearning development software
- Project management skills with exceptionally high attention to detail and organization
- Independent worker able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work honestly and transparently with customers, clients, and internal/external staff
- High degree of accountability and critical thinking skills, willing to present ideas to improve processes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Competency with MS Office suite
VertMarkets' offers a generous compensation package. In addition to a competitive salary, you'll enjoy:
• Medical/vision/prescription/dental coverage for you and your family
• 100% company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
• 100% company-paid life insurance
• 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
• 15 vacation days
• 6 personal days
• 13 company-paid holidays
• Smoke-free environment
• Casual dress
• Ability to work from home
• Flexible Scheduling
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
VertMarkets, a leader in e-commerce solutions, is an online sales and marketing resource for suppliers of all sizes. VertMarkets' 70 industry-specific online marketplaces connect suppliers with buyers looking for the latest products, services, and applications.