Classification Responsibilities: This position and job description applies to Substation division and is primarily responsible for providing field supervision over a crew involved in the installation, maintenance, and repair of substations and related equipment. This position is also responsible for performing related job briefings and required safety meetings.
Distinguishing Features: Work involves moderate physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather. The hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment are a critical factor of this job. The Crew Foreman is distinguished from other skilled trade classifications by having responsibility for supervising those positions and overseeing equipment, materials, and recordkeeping duties including timesheets for payroll and billing. Work is subject to interstate travel, stand-by, pre-arranged, and call-out duty.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
A Crew Foreman possesses the ability to perform the following essential job duties/responsibilities allocated to them by the company, but may not apply to all areas of assignment within this classification:
- Conducts regular job briefings and safety meetings with crew as required.
- Primarily responsible for the safe and efficient direction of others in completion of Substation construction projects.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and willingness to perform any function of the Substation crew as required.
- Manages safety equipment, trucks, tools, timesheets, materials, etc.
- Effectively integrates company Crew to operate in concert with the customer.
- Efficiently manages accounting responsibilities such as; unit counts, material and time sheets, etc.
- Implements safety protocol criteria and assists in educating/qualifying less experienced workers
- Schedules equipment/manpower requirements for different jobs.
- Makes suggestions that are beneficial to the company.
- Takes part in the decision making process to assist management team.
The employee is expected to work outside and inside in substations and power centers. Adverse weather conditions can be expected (heat/cold). The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Overtime, weekends, and holiday work is can be expected.
Travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|PLH Group, Inc. is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, gender, or any other protected category. Applicant selection is based on qualifications, availability and position-related factors.
PLH Group participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee's authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.