1. Complete an audit of all health and safety written programs and key procedures to ensure all required points and standards are being addressed.
2. Conduct an audit of all health and safety tranining modules to ensure all relevant topics are being trained to the correct audience at the correct frequency.
3. Participate in weekly workplace inspections to identify hazards and to help develop solutions to minimize the hazards.
4. Assist with developing new training programs and written programs as needed.
5. Assist with investigating incidents, determining the root cause and helping to implement corrective actions.
6. Develop safety tips (for work and home) relevant to the monthly safety topic or timining of the year.
7. File needed training and audit records.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
An effective working knowledge of OSHA standards.
Ability to handle projects through to completion.
Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus.
Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and large group presentation experience.
Enthusiastic self-starter witha passion for health and safety principles.
Willingness to challenge the status quo and facilitate different perspectives to drive solutions.
Extensive experience with Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Working toward a bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety or related degree and/or equivalent experience.