The Belknap White Group (BWG) is part of a fast-growing family of companies that has grown over 70% in the last five years both organically and through acquisition. BWG was named Armstrong’s Distributor of the Year for both 2016 and 2017. We are ranked as one of the Top 5 flooring distributors in the U.S. by Floor Covering Weekly, a well-respected industry publication. The company was founded 30 years ago, and has worked diligently to accumulate the best hard surface portfolio of brands in the business. BWG services eight states -- New England’s six states, plus New York and New Jersey.
BWG provides their customers with quality brands backed by strong warranties, extensive merchandising support, and strong marketing incentives and programs, combined with the use of social media support and innovative technology. The company is committed to giving its customers “the best customer experience in floor covering distribution.”
BWG’s core values are hard work, continuous improvement, and a customer-first attitude. The company considers its team members as its greatest asset, and has a culture where team members work hard, have fun, and deliver results.
We are currently seeking a high energy, self-motivated and driven Counter Sales Person to help grow sales in an established location. You will be entering orders from customers over the phone, email or walk-in, you may also assist with picking and loading orders for customers as well. We are conveniently located right off the highway on Atlantic Ave in Woburn, MA. Flooring sales experience is a plus, but is not necessary for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on will call customers
- Achieve profit, inventory and customer satisfaction goals by waiting on customers at the counter
- Taking and entering customer orders accurately and efficiently in person, over the phone or electronically
- Communicate order status updates to the customer
- Receive and unload products using forklift in narrow aisles in a safe and proper manner. Verify accuracy of items received
- Put away items in correct locations for storage
- Pick correct product and correct number of product per instructions
- Load correct product and correct quantities per written instructions
- UPS / Common carrier shipping
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Other branch duties as may be required
- Knowledge of flooring products and installation skills (preferred)
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Must be organized
- Ability to act or operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional, reliable, responsive, punctual
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group
- Fork truck experience preferred
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.