Ideal candidate is self-motivated; dependable; punctual; enjoys being around children and working in a busy team-oriented environment; and able to provide a friendly, helpful, and safety-conscious attitude toward all guests. Must be detail oriented; take initiative to work with minimal supervision; and be responsible for the timely completion of assigned tasks. A minimum of one (1) year of commercial custodial experience, preferably in a public service environment; a strong knowledge of cleaning and building safety awareness; and the ability to lift up to 30 lbs unassisted and up to 60 lbs with assistance required. Must be flexible to schedule changes to accommodate the needs of COSI.
OBJECTIVE: Support COSI's mission by providing a safe, clean, comfortable, and healthy environment for COSI Guests and Team.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Support Services Supervisor(s) with the training of new Support Services team members.
- Develop strong cooperative working relationships with the other COSI team members.
- Take ownership and responsibility for cleaning an assigned area. Specifically this includes the complete cleaning of restrooms, eating areas, floors, walls, windows, doors, and exterior exhibit surfaces within Exhibition Areas, Explorations Centers, and Program Demonstration areas.
- Collect and dispose of waste and proper separation of all trash and recyclables from facility within assigned areas.
- Responsible for the up-keep and use of cleaning equipment and supplies within an assigned area. Equipment and supplies include but are not limited to, riding vacuum, back-pack vacuum, buffers, scrubbers, and riding carpet extraction machine.
- Must be capable to work from 8' ladders and 25' utility lifts.
- Assist with minor facility maintenance repairs.
- Participate as an active member of the Floor Team.
- Maintain a helpful and safety-conscious attitude with all COSI guests and team members.
- Assist with the set-up and tear down of events, and support the Team on the Event's.
- Support general COSI operations through participation in meetings as appropriate.
- Serve as an example to other COSI Team Members and Volunteers in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance in a manner best serving COSI paid and Volunteer Team Members and Guests.
- In accordance with COSI's Guest Services Strategy, and as opportunities present themselves, provide excellence in Guest Services by assuring Guest safety, using courtesy to drive each Guest interaction, by delivering the COSI show, and by keeping operations efficient.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Support Services Supervisor(s) and/or the Facilities Operations Manager.