The Clearing, Inc. is a Washington, DC based management consulting firm dedicated to supporting senior leaders as they tackle the most daunting and complex problems facing our nation and their businesses. Our consultants are experts at outfitting leaders with the tools to manage conflicting priorities both within and across organizations. We offer unique, tailored services in strategic planning/initiative design, system transformation and change implementation, meeting facilitation and leadership outfitting.
The Principal designs, allocates resources, and sets strategic direction for projects and programs. The Principal leads multiple project teams of 10+ staff members. S/he is expected to advise consultants on project work/deliverables and guide project work by using proven methodologies and frameworks. The Principal tracks project/program success against work plan and project targets, including utilization, budget, scope, and timeline to completion. S/he is responsible for ensuring the quality of all project and client deliverables.
The Principal sets and manages client expectations for work, staff, and the overall consulting engagement experience. Developing trusted working relationships with existing clientele is critical, as is expanding client relationships and building new business with them.
The Principal is responsible for the performance and development of his/her staff, actively developing staff. S/he serves as a mentor and Career Counselor for 3+ junior staff members. With the Senior Leadership team, the Principal creates a culture of learning that drives individual and organizational development. S/he excels in a team environment and enables effective communications and collaboration among projects and teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, allocate resources, and set strategic direction for projects and programs to enable you to manage a full time project or multiple part time projects on time and within budget
- Design and manage the production of high quality client deliverables and own the responsibility of profitability, staff delivery, and client satisfaction
- Track, achieve, and report on program/project success against plan targets for utilization, budget, scope, and timeline to completion
- Advises team on project work and products using methodologies and frameworks
- Set and manage client expectations for work, staff, and overall experience.
- Enables effective communication among project and client teams.
- Serve in facilitator/leadership coaching role with clients.
- Own accountability for client success
- Lead project team(s).
- Develop staff by advising on methodologies, providing feedback, sharing best practices, and participating in annual review process.
- Translate and demonstrate TC’s vision and objectives
- While engaging with clients, exhibit skills and a network that strengthens TC’s unique value proposition
- Expand existing client relationships by identifying need and securing additional or new services
- Network and generate new leads
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- 8+ years of management consulting experience
- 5+ years of managing consulting projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Strong competency in design thinking and systems modeling
- Strong competency in change strategy, organizational design, and leadership development
- Top Secret Clearance (not mandatory, but candidate must have ability to achieve and retain a clearance)
- Client/customer focus with a sense of urgency and outstanding attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, to manage and collaborate well with a team, and to remain flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving
- Ability to synthesize and succinctly articulate complexity
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Strength in performance management
- Desire to help grow the business
- Current government suitability clearance highly preferred
The Clearing is an Equal Opportunity M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer