The Clearing is a management consultancy that brings a powerful blend of analytic and creative skills from diverse fields, including corporate strategy, communications, change management, finance, policy, design, engineering, and corporate leadership. Our particular expertise is focused on helping leaders develop and gain internal and external support for their innovation, cause, or value initiative and assessing the value of this new initiative. Distinctive from other management consultancies, we focus first on addressing the social complexity inherent in innovation in large corporations and institutions. Using a mix of creative change management, financial analysis, and strategic communication techniques, we help leaders and their teams achieve clarity on what is at stake, understand and manage the external and internal resistance to their value initiative, and define the critical path to achieve operational results and return on investment. The Clearing supports public and private clients, both domestically and internationally.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. However, the nature of The Clearing’s work and project-based environment requires travel to client locations in and around the D.C. metro area, including the greater Baltimore area. Occasional travel outside the D.C. metro area or out of state may be required at times.
The Senior Consultant manages a large project or multiple small projects to deadlines with limited supervision. The Senior Consultant designs and manages production of high-quality client deliverables, develops long-term project plans, and creates and manages critical path and resource allocation decisions.
The Senior Consultant uses problem-solving and subject matter expertise to guide team members and to troubleshoot client/project issues. S/he manages, develops, and mentors project staff, setting measurable standards of excellence and providing purpose and direction for the group.
The Senior Consultant creates meaningful and trusted relationships with clients, understands the client environment, and advises on evolving opportunities. S/he develops customized approaches to problem solving with clients and creates safe and honest “clearings” for client conversations.
As a result of exceptional work products and relationships, the Senior Consultant captures new leads and business opportunities. S/he validates requirements from prospective clients and acts as lead writer on numerous proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a full-time project or multiple part-time projects, successfully, by scoping tasks and managing resources to complete such tasks on time, within budget, and to specifications
- Designs long-term and short-term project plans
- Designs and manages the production of high-quality client deliverables
- Designs, facilitates, and manages client meetings to successfully achieve identified, desired outcomes
- Effectively leads medium sized teams
- Engages with clients and successfully advises in one-on-one conversations
- Manages financial aspects of project lanes/projects to include: time tracking/reporting, expense reporting, invoicing, task planning, status reporting
- Research and analysis in support of client projects and meetings
- Presentation of research findings (e.g., Excel charts, Power Point presentations) and support for production of major client deliverables
- Basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Staff development for junior consultants
- Proposal development contributions; sometimes serving as a proposal coordinator
- Support of internal TC activities and knowledge management effort
ESSENTIAL REQURIEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6 + years of relevant work experience, including consulting experience
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree a plus
- Strong business writing abilities are a must as well as strong editing skills
- Proficiency in word processing, excel, presentation creation tools, and internet research tools required
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Strong organization skills and attention-to-detail
- Firm customer service orientation at all times
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with an innate ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Ability to remain positive, flexible, and action-oriented in a fast-paced, emerging field where complexity and ambiguity are the norms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to easily communicate ideas and findings. Ability to synthesize and succinctly articulate research findings
- Ability to collaborate well with a team and work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong work ethic and positive, proactive approach to problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow, and undertake new challenges to build out new knowledge sets and advise clients directly
- Strong professional etiquette while interacting with TC peers and external clients
- PMP certification desired
- Familiarity and an interest in business development/sales a plus
- Current government suitability clearance highly preferred
The Clearing is an Equal Opportunity M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer