This is your opportunity to join the dynamic Business Development team at Woodland Park Zoo. Applications are now being accepted for Ticketing & Membership Associate in the Admissions department. There are multiple full/part-time, temporary, non-benefited positions to be filled at this time.
This position promotes and fulfills the Zoo’s mission by performing the daily functions of the zoo’s entry gates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day-to-day operations of the unit such as selling zoo membership and general admissions, handling the exchange of types of payments, operating the cash registers or point of sales terminals, maintaining a cash drawer, promoting and selling zoo products and experiences, completing daily paperwork, and maintaining an appropriate work area.
- Provides customer service information and assistance to the public and staff in person or on the phone
- including: general information, educational/interpretive programs, and special events.
- Communicates on-site issues or ideas for improvements regarding customer service, personnel, policy or other related areas.
- Interacts directly with and assists guests of all ages. Expedites guest entry, establishes queuing lines, and helps with crowd control in a positive, customer friendly manner.
- Attempts to rectify guest disputes, complaints and issues or pass to shift lead if appropriate. Assists with locating missing persons on zoo grounds.
- Ensures a safe environment for guests, staff, and volunteers; monitors key areas and entrances and reports safety concerns to a supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Set-up, organize and arrange any necessary equipment or program items.
- Supports zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Performs breaks if necessary.
- Operates the Historic Carousel.
- Assists other Guest Service units with related special projects.
- May be asked to be involved in continuous improvement exercises for the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a professional and positive attitude in a stressful environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Enjoy working with and serving diverse populations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to prioritize daily tasks and demonstrate time management skills.
- Prepared to work varying hours and a flexible seasonal schedule (including weekends and evenings).
- Ability to work outside of regular zoo hours for special events.
- Have strong cash handling skills.
- Reliable and punctual attendance habits.
- Be interested in and enthusiastic about the zoo.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certificates, licenses, or registrations required.
Must have basic computer skills to access email and submit online timesheet.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to set-up tables, chairs, boxes of supplies, and other necessary equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Close vision is required to check identifications, membership cards, coupon types, etc. and computer and register buttons and screens. Distance vision is necessary for adequate crowd control.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be higher than moderate at times. Employees may be asked to work in physically close quarters.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM the evening before).
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.