NeighborWorks America: Working Together For Strong Communities
Purpose of Division
The procurement Division is responsible for the centralization of all procurement activities for the organization. Part of this process includes, planning, managing, and advising executive leadership of the corporation; staffing and developing integrated acquisition strategies and processes to support NeighborWorks’ Program mission.
Close Date: Posting closes at 12:01am (EST) on the date listed below (the night before at 11:59pm EST).
The Senior Specialist performs contracting tasks working with internal program offices to determine appropriate procurement strategy while ensuring compliance with NeighborWorks procurement policies and procedures. The Senior Specialist role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities in support of the procurement department, including but not limited to: contract management and reporting, market research, preparing contractual documentation, and providing advice and recommendations in all areas of the acquisition planning, solicitation and contract performance phases.
- Independently manages actives involving the procurement of goods and services for Heighborworks American. Identify business needs, analysis and implement necessary strategies.
- Performs contract administration activities for selected contracts and assists in the monitoring of contractor’s performance.
- Negotiates and supports modifications to contracts and conducts analysis of alternatives for action within he’s/her portfolio. Provide and support implementation of business solutions by building partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Apply NeighborWorks procurement policies and procedures to all procurement actions.
- Administer the procurement division contract management system and requirements to effectively maintain the system.
- Effectively work to perform independent duties involving auditing, training and developing new procedures for contract management system updates.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Nature of Work Contacts
NeighborWorks America staff, contractors, vendor and other company representatives.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
(a) Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Will consider relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree.
(b) Experience: A Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in procurement and contract management
(c) Licenses, Certifications: None required.
(d) Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, and pre-and post-award contracting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statues, Executive Orders, regulations.
- Knowledge of procedures applicable to pre-award and/or post-award actions sufficient to procure and/or administer contracts for a variety of specialized equipment, services, and/or construction, or to conduct studies of problem areas and develop standard methods and operating procedures.
(e) Technology: High level competency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint). Experience using SharePoint for storage of electronic files and accessing SOPs, templates, and calendars.
At least 7 years of relevant working experience applying procurement policies and producers, knowledge of GSA schedule and other strategic sourcing procurement vehicles. Working knowledge of managing a procurement management system.
(a) Travel: Up to 10%
(b) Physical/Sensory Demands: Fast paced working environment, extensive computer usage.
Occasional work outside of normal business hours, such as weekends and evenings is required.