Under limited supervision and broad direction, provides analysis, design ideas, development goals, and ongoing support for the implementation of short and long-term IT solutions. Serves as a technical expert or technical project lead and participates in problem analysis, solution development, action planning, coordination, and evaluation. This position is responsible for making decisions affecting the capabilities, feature sets, workflows and use cases for supported systems and applications. The position support business process re-engineering related to changes in systems and technical capabilities, and provides operational support for incident resolution.
Effectively collaborates with business users to understand their needs, requirements and capability gaps, then strategizes, designs and implements solutions to increase work efficiency and capabilities. Responsible for staying abreast of new technology, methodologies, and the software roadmaps for supported systems. Capable of refining general user requirements and problem statements into functional and non-functional technical requirements and solutions.
Performs business system software analysis and researches appropriate best practices, implementation patterns and solution options to maximize benefits and facilitate high user performance. Participates in training events and is able to competently share knowledge about the functionality and quality of the existing technology solutions at the utility.
Provides technical leadership, guidance and subject matter expertise on the supported systems portfolio. Strong competence and knowledge in the capabilities of supported solutions and understands how solutions are implemented and deployed within the environment. Acts as technical lead on medium-large projects. Supports quality assurance efforts on existing systems and new projects. Coordinates vendor and service provider relationships. Manages and drives project and product lifecycle activity. May participate in multiple projects at once.
Works closely with the Software Engineering and Technology Operations teams to design, develop, and maintain user interfaces, templates, data models, business intelligence capabilities and data transformations as required to support changing business needs and processes.
Provides software application support including incident and problem management. Conducts performance testing and troubleshooting on applications. Facilitates user group meetings to discuss roadmaps, findings and brainstorm solutions. Documents changes, decision-making processes, system requirements, and work activity. Provides on-call support - after hours / weekends as required.
Performs root cause analysis on reported or discovered problems and analyzes systems to identify capability gaps, efficiency improvements and growth strategies. Recommends and implements changes to business processes to utilize new system capabilities and features.
Identifies and implements improvement opportunities for their team’s functional area. Proactively engages in larger department transformation initiatives to improve quality and professionalism of work. Analyzes and recommends new tools, processes and standards within the team. Mentors other team members.
Demonstrates commitment to Grant PUD’s mission, vision, values, strategic plan and Vision 2021. The incumbent should be familiar with these organizational priorities and behave in a way that aligns with these expectations.
Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned. Completes all required training. Maintains a working knowledge and comply with Grant PUD safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
Understands and adheres to compliance requirements for this position that may include laws, regulations, security guidelines, Grant PUD policies & procedures.
Actively participates in all aspects of our safety program, including but not limited to:
- Following all safety policies and procedures;
- Alerting supervisors and coworkers to unsafe or hazardous working conditions;
- Reporting any safety incidents or close calls within 24 hours to your supervisor; and
- Accepting feedback from supervisors and coworkers regarding your own safety performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related technical degree. Five plus years’ experience in a business systems analysis, technical solution design, computer/user application support, or similar role.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business Process, System and software modeling techniques (e.g. Context Diagrams, ERDs, UML)
- Requirements gathering, rationalization and development
- Project Management principles and terminology
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Software quality assurance and testing principles
- ITIL Service Management concepts
- Database concepts such as Normalization, stored procedures, functions and join
- Agile methodologies (KanBan, Agile, SCRUM, LEAN)
- Programming or Scripting languages such as C#, Python, PowerShell
- Configuration Management technologies
- Utility’s computer environment and policies
- Analyzing and solving problems logically and conceptually
- Communication with peers, users and stakeholders
- Developing and implementing technologies
- Effectively mentoring others
- Supporting large enterprise COTS systems
- Team Foundation Server, Git or Other Version Control, and Technology Work Management Systems
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PowerBI or other reporting, analytics, and visualization technologies
- Vendor and support service coordination
- Exercising pragmatism in identifying and articulating tradeoffs between features, quality and timelines
- Applying continuous improvement principles to all aspects of daily activity
A valid State driver’s license is required. Occasional travel to other Utility locations required.
Majority of work is performed in a standard office setting.
Closing Date to Apply: Open Untill Filled
Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity Employer
References and Background Checks are done as part of our employment process.