The Campaign Development Specialist will play a critical support role to the operations and planning efforts in Woodland Park Zoo’s next comprehensive fundraising campaign that aims to transform our zoo for the 21st Century. This position is also responsible for providing general support to the Philanthropic Events team, with targeted support around the zoo’s annual Jungle Party, including volunteer engagement and auction item procurement. In collaboration with the Director of Development he/she will provide project management and administrative support to the campaign committee and coordinate our campaign related events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide project management support for various aspects of the campaign planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to support campaign volunteer and committee efforts.
- Work closely with the Engagement Team to create compelling communication and marketing materials.
- Provide event administrative and project management support to the Philanthropic Events team.
- Coordinate and assist with internal and external events, including but not limited salon events, Jeffersonian Dinners and corporate/financial advisor lunch and learns in support of our campaign efforts.
- Assist with philanthropic event production (day of / night of) work.
- Process RSVPs and lead registration for more than 15 events per year
- Responsible for all internal and external donor communications related to Development event efforts.
Duties Related to Jungle Party
- Procure and cultivate volunteers for pre-, night of, and post-Jungle Party auction activities in collaboration with the Volunteer Department.
- Plan and oversee all pre- and post-Jungle Party auction volunteer events, including Volunteer Training and Volunteer Thank You Picnic.
- Collaborate with Events team to manage volunteers during the production week (work week) of the Jungle Party auction and other events as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropic Events Coordinator to support the volunteer display team, develop silent auction table layout and create attractive auction item displays; assist volunteer auditors to ensure all items have arrived and are in correct locations.
- Participate when requested with procuring Jungle Party auction items and in-kind donors, as well as delivery of items as necessary
- Help maintain website for Jungle Party in line with collateral concept.
- Coordinate and schedule Jungle Party tours to include individual and corporate donors.
- Assist Philanthropic Events Coordinator with Jungle Party auction item redemption coordination to include zoo experiences/events.
- Coordinate fulfillment of all event corporate sponsorship benefits
- Attend and participate in all staff and executive committees for events, and weekly team meetings when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overall knowledge of planning events.
- Experience with managing volunteers and/or committees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Possess a professional, customer service-oriented demeanor.
- Able to work well under pressure, balance multiple tasks and requests at one time, and learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work successfully as a team member and independently.
- Enjoy working with the public and providing excellent levels of customer service to diverse customers.
- Successful working as part of an innovative and high energy team or independently.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required for position.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
Bachelor's (B. A. or B.S.) degree from an accredited four-year college or university and at least two years of experience in professional development, volunteer management, event planning or project management work is strongly recommended; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid US driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision. Must be able to comfortably maneuver on grounds at night and/or without much light.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to variable weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level can be loud to very loud during Concerts and Jungle Party season.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM the evening before).
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.