American Health Connection is a national healthcare call center.seeking applicants who enjoy helping others.
We also would like to note that we are actively hiring during the current COVID-19 Pandemic and ensure the safety of working from your own home. Applicants who reside in California, Washington, Wisconsin, Mississippi, and Minnesota will not be able to be considered.
This is a fast paced, detail oriented position with a competitive benefits package. As a Patient Intake Coordinator/Scheduler, you are the first point of contact for patients. In this position, you will utilize your customer service and critical thinking skills to schedule appointments, verify insurance, complete pre-certifications, make referrals in addition to other job related duties. To ensure that each patient receives the time and care they need efficiently, you will focus solely on working with patients to obtain complete and accurate information. Listening to the patient's needs and finding a working solution for them is crucial while providing excellent customer service to a diverse age and ethnic population by effectively communicating and proficiently handling confidential and sensitive information.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 2 years recent experience in medical-oriented scheduling environment - preferably large physician practice or central scheduling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted by Human Resources after being prequalified. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
• Bilingual in any of the following languages: Spanish, Mandarin, Polish and/or Cantonese is a plus!
• Adept at handling large call volumes, preferably with use of VOIP call systems
• Working knowledge of the following systems: EPIC/Cerner and/or PHS
• Efficiently schedule radiology and diagnostic procedures
• Proficient capability with pre-registration and insurance verification
• Experience with basic insurance guidelines
• Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and phone etiquette, able to communicate effectively on the telephone.
• Ability to multitask - with basic knowledge of PC common applications
• Demonstrated, proven ability working in a home remote environment - with dedicated office space that can be closed off by a door for security
While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted by Human Resources after being prequalified. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Apply only using the link provided. NO PHONE CALLS.
If you qualify for the position, our IT department will contact you to make an appointment to prequalify your computers specifications. Once this is completed, a phone interview will commence.
• To become a successful Patient Communication Specialist you will need the proper headset equipment. Click here for approved list of headsets at a discounted rate.
Please apply only via our candidate portal
This position is currently accepting applications.