Do you love working with people?
Are you interested in making an impactful difference in others' lives by creating independence in a residential or community setting?
Are you excited about assisting and empowering those with differing abilities to live, work and play in their communities?
Are you looking for a job in a collaborative team environment where your hard work will be recognized and celebrated?
If you answered YES to the above questions then being a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region is the position for you!• As a DSP in our Supported Living or Personal Support Department you are going to be able to make a direct impact in creating independence for individuals with differing abilities.
• You are going to be able to mentor, train and assist the individuals in learning how to live independently and make some of life's tough decisions.
• This may include assisting them to cook, clean their home, wash their clothes, go grocery or general shopping, paying bills, decorating their house, budget planning, and even planning vacations (that you may be able to attend-how does a cruise, Vegas or beach vacation sound!?!).
• In addition, you are going to be able to have fun helping them fulfill some of their personal goals.Now to be a Direct Support Professional with The Arc NCR you do not need any formal experience or training.
Past experience is a bonus, but if this is a new calling, we will provide you with the training and tools to be successful, and start your new career. One of the requirements of a DSP is willingness to learn and being excited about our mission.
In addition, you must be over the age of 18, have been driving for at least two years and have no points on your record. If you are over the age of 21, two points are ok.
Additionally, you may be required to have reliable transportation available to you during your shift.When it comes to the Total Compensation for the role as a DSP here at The Arc NCR, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
• Competitive base salary.
• Outside of your base pay, you will be compensated for having your CNA, GNA, MA, Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree.
• In addition, we offer shift differential pay as well.• Interested in Health Benefits? We offer agency supplemented Health and Wellbeing benefits.
• Interested in preparing for your retirement? The Arc NCR offers a 403b retirement plan and for those that participate, you will eligible for an annual discretionary contribution.
• Lastly, based on the service to our individuals and the growth of the agency, there is even the eligibility for an annual bonus (especially for our DSP's).So if all of this sounds exciting to you, we are excited to speak to you!We have an orientation training class happening soon.
Apply now and don't miss out!