What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Lead a dynamic team of motivated individuals with deep collective experience throughout digital forensics, incident response, investigation, operations, and academic research.
Your role will provide leadership to a diverse team working across the following areas:
- Exploratory data analysis
- Software/Hardware debugging and prototyping
- Reverse-engineering and vulnerability discovery
- Hardware platform assessment
- Research and development of tools and methods for forensic analysis of non-traditional devices with potential forensic or operational value
- Engineering and design of focused threat-based analyses to determine the efficacy of technical solutions and approaches to US Government challenges.
Responsible for the development and execution of a strategic vision and roadmap that advances the state of the art and practice for both defensive and offensive cyber operations. As a technical manager, you will oversee a diverse technical staff, research projects, and customer work in support of our US Government stakeholders. Your team deliverables include technical publications; industry and government conference presentations; course development and delivery; direct customer engagement; and prototype tools and techniques.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field with at least 10 years of professional experience; or MS in Computer Science or related technical field with at least 8 years of professional experience.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Moderate Travel (20%).
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.