Join a Winning Team!
With over one billion dollars in assets, Oregon State Credit Union is one of the most respected credit unions in the Northwest with a strong reputation of integrity, unsurpassed service, and member focus. We are a team with a passion for creating financial solutions that makes lives better. Join us!
As a Financial Advisor in our Salem area, you’ll enhance the financial future of our members by providing high level expertise on investment and insurance products. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining an annual business plan of production and promotion goals, creating and maintaining account relationships, and developing prospects for the purpose of marketing investment, insurance, and other credit union products. You’ll participate in community and credit union events and financial education opportunities to promote investment services, both internally and externally. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, you’ll be responsible for the creation and retention of documents required by regulation and policy.
CUSO Financial Services (Member FINRA/SIPC) is a broker-dealer and Registered Investment Advisor with a stable, 21-year track record of serving the investment needs of credit unions and their members. We’re ranked as one of the top broker-dealers in the industry and we work with some of the top financial institutions in the country.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That's what makes us different from banks and how we're able to create financial solutions that make lives better. Your financial expertise in the role of Financial Advisor is essential to our success.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Investment services experience required with emphasis in the following areas: retirement planning, mutual funds, securities, annuities, and insurance products
- Must have Series 6 and 63 licenses with a clean FINRA record and the ability to obtain the Series 7 within 6 months.
- Articulate and professional written and oral communication
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish effective working relationships across the organization and with the general public
- Experience in any or all of the follow areas is preferred:
- Morning Star
- Retirement Forecaster
- Albridge Wealth Reporting
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- 401k Plan with an amazingly generous credit union match
- Medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, wellness and recognition programsApply right now using our 3 minute application!
Location: 1980 N 9th Street, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, exempt
Equal opportunity employer, including vets and disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications. See the complete job description for more information.
(Representatives are employed by Oregon State Credit Union and registered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (Member FINRA/SIPC). To learn more about CUSO Financial Services, L.P., go to http://www.cusonet.com/.)
Relevant Word Search: Registered Representative, Advisor, Adviser, Certified Financial Planner, CFP, Financial Consultant, Investment Manager, Investment services, Mutual Funds, Investments, Chartered Financial Consultant, CHFC, Sales, Banking, Broker, Financial Services, Financial Professional, Financial Advisor, Insurance Sales, Bankers, Finance, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, 401k, Life and Casualty, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Series 7