Research and analyze financial and other information to help Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures make well informed decisions on how to increase revenues, optimize operations, and allocate limited capital dollars.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for gathering information for the budget process for all areas, study for reasonability and accuracy before presenting for Management's approval.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, financial statement, forecasts, etc.) taking into account company's goals and financial standing.
- Assist in the development of productivity improvement models that provide best practice comparisons for business operations.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound analysis.
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term strategic decisions making within the broadest scope.
- Investigate results that do not line up with expectations, following up with corrections and long term root cause resolution.
- Breakdown business performance by relevant unit or project to provide insight or clear, concise conclusions to management.
- Work to develop new and useful tools/ dashboards to improve the understanding of business performance and drive improvement of key metrics.
- Learn & understand various software applications unique to individual departments.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives to support budget commitment and increase cash flow.
- Stay informed about trends and bench marks for industries that Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures operates businesses in, utilizing the Internet as a key research tool.
- Provide regular reviews of all critical initiatives that support achievement of current year financial plan.
- Support new business development and acquisition efforts.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
- Analyze capital budget expenditures requests to ensure long term growth for the company.
- Prepare quarterly or ad hoc reports for business leaders, shareholders, or board of directors as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a two (2) year college or university.
- Or, two (2) to four (4) years related experience in finance or business administration and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years' experience with budgeting, financial reporting; expense analysis, cost benefit analysis, and financial statement interpretation required.
- Intermediate to advance Excel knowledge linking spreadsheets, formatting spreadsheets, and developing formulas required.
- Computer-literate with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications required
- If required, must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority, and follow all relevant DGR's.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group situations, and to moderate-sized gatherings of associates, executives and/or community leaders.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations, in order to collect data, analyze facts, and determine appropriate response.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
- Talk and hear;
- See and adjust focus to include close, distance, color, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Handle objects, tools, and controls; reach with arms and hands;
- Use computer for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to:
- A low-to-moderate noise level (offices).
- A moderate-to-loud noise level (operations areas).
- Second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
The company requires every associate to:
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples consistent with company policies.
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.