To work with activists to increase the effectiveness and frequency of their activism and to encourage deeper commitment to animal rights and PETA.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Encourage and facilitate local grassroots activism around the country and the world
• Answer correspondence from activists across the country seeking materials and advice
• Write and review action alerts
• Assist with the development of activist organizations in areas of the country lacking leadership in order to strengthen PETA's Activist Network
• Assist with maintaining PETA's Activist Network database
• Work with other departments to create and prepare all necessary activist supplies for scheduled actions, including working to print and ship them by established deadlines
• Coordinate team meeting discussion agendas and keep detailed notes to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks
• Perform assigned administrative duties for the department
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of one year of grassroots activist experience • Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns • Outgoing and personable manner and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with activists • Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines • Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail • Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision • Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record • Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. • Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle • Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to advocate PETA's positions on issues professionally • Commitment to the objectives of the organization
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://fsap.appone.com