1. Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program (PA) associated with a medical school and
accredited by ARC - PA or graduate of accredited PA Program with a Master of Science
in Physician Assistant Studies.
2. Successful completion of the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination
(PANCE) administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician
3. Current active, unrestricted CA Physician Assistant license in good standing (or able to
obtain the license within 6 months of hire) and have PA-C designation.
4. Completion of one clinical rotation in psychiatry and/or mental health setting.
5. Valid CA BRN issued Furnishing License (or able to obtain within 9 months of hire).
6. Valid DEA Schedule II certificate (or DEA Number eligible) (or able to obtain within 9
months of hire).
7. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse families and communities.
8. Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of children, youth, or young
adults to provide to provide care, treatment and services.
9. Demonstrated ability to utilize de-escalation techniques that align with the trauma informed
care model as part of intervention strategy for working with participants in crisis who are
responding to triggers/stressors and/or demonstrating early indicators of distress.
10. Clean driving record; current CA Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days after
11. Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
12. Access to dependable transportation available and personal car insurance.