Delivery Drivers are the backbone of our industry and business! Drivers deliver material to job sites typically via a tractor trailer or flatbed truck (may also include pickup trucks and or box vans). Drivers inspect and maintain trucks and other equipment, prepare and load material for deliveries, and assists with unloading and storing materials. Primarily, you will be delivering a variety of building products from our store to the job site. And often times operating a truck-mounted forklift is required. NOTE: A Class A driver must be able to operate vehicles that could be plated up to 130,000 lbs. and pull a 45’ trailer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load trucks when necessary in preparation of deliveries
- Deliver materials to customers as required and defined by the dispatcher. All materials are to be delivered in the house.
- Often hand unload materials and stage them at the job site in the most convenient fashion for the customer.
- Must be able to effectively communicate where it be in person with a co-worker or customer or over the phone.
- Familiarity with a variety of building products
- Load and handle material so as to minimize shrinkage
- Assist in picking orders and loading customers when necessary
- Insure all material is properly and safely loaded regardless of who the loader was
- Inspect vehicles on a daily basis, complete a daily truck inspection form and maintain a mileage log
- Keep trucks clean and perform routine maintenance as required
- Maintain the proper licensing, certifications, and documentation required by local, state, and national laws in order to legally and safely operate your equipment.
This job operates in a retail and warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, bar code scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with generous match of 4%, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, Identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays and annual profit sharing eligibility.
Local Deliveries ONLY.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.